US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Join a winning team! We have an immediate opportunity for a UNIX/Linux System Administrator based in Portland. In this position, you will maintain a smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- BS/BA Degree and a minimum of 6 years of directly related work experience. Or, an additional 4 years of work experience can be substituted in lieu of the degree.
- Minimum 4 years experience working in a UNIX/Linux Systems Administration.
- Experience Performing System Administration duties to include patching, upgrades, backups, and troubleshooting.
- Security + Certification required at time of hire (8570 Baseline Requirements: IAT Level 11
- Minimum of Interim Secret is required to start
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- Ability to Work with different hardware and software vendors to determine solutions
- Good understanding of Networking in an TCP/IP WAN environment is a plus
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical problems and speak fluently to management regarding solutions and options for problem resolution.
- Ability to work closely with a variety of customers including; Infrastructure technical resources, Application technical resources, end users, and vendor sales/infrastructure professionals.
- Process development execution
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and follow through skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
- Ability to work well independently on defined tasks.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...