This position is responsible for the repair of products in the customer’s home. Products repaired include Refrigerators, Freezers (sealed systems), Washers, Dryers, Ranges, Ovens, Microwaves and a variety of other home appliances. This position provides timely and quality repairs of customers’ products while maintaining high customer service. Additionally, technicians promote and sell additional products and services that directly impact the profitability of the company. We provide a service van, specialized tools, uniforms, laptop computer, cell telephone, and periodic training. Country United States Responsibilities/Skills/Experience Requirements To provide the proper customer focus, the In-Home Service Technician must:
- Work as a dedicated team member to ensure fast, flexible and expert service to every customer
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to meet customer time commitments
- Successfully complete all Technician II training elements within required timeframes
- Meet key performance metrics and/or productivity goals as defined by the business
- Provide knowledgeable and courteous repair service
- Continuously look for methods to improve business performance and enhance the customer experience
- Follow the Value Added Services Process (i.e., selling extended warranties, water filters, etc.) by effectively communicating the benefits to the customer
- Provide direction to a Technical Helper, as applicable
- Ability to receive truck stock at home if the company vehicle is retained at the technician’s place of residence or other designated location.
- Mentor other technicians, as applicable
- Maintain truck stock inventory within the prescribed company guidelines and standards
- Follow the truck maintenance schedule and keep a clean, organized truck
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...