Take Your Career On A Mission!
Are you looking for a career opportunity that directly impacts the community you live in? How about an opportunity to have a rewarding career working for the premier voluntary health organization that supports people with type 1 & type 2 diabetes?
Our employees like working at the American Diabetes Association because of our opportunities, inclusive environment, work-life balance, benefits and culture. When you join our dedicated team you will experience the gratification of knowing your work impacts the well-being of millions of people, both directly and indirectly, affected by diabetes.
The American Diabetes Association has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Manager to assist in the management of our key signature events - Tour de Cure and Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes. Individual will manage aspects of this special event volunteer development, volunteer engagement, community and corporate donor development and day of event logistics. A key element of the job involves the coaching and mentoring participants, recruitment and re-recruitment of participants, Individual is accountable for the overall growth, development and success of key event as well as identifying corporate and community alignment opportunities in the Indiana market area. This individual will also assist in other fundraising and resource development activities in the community.
The successful candidate will have experience in setting and achieving individual and group goals, setting and managing budgets, achieving revenue goals and in planning special event campaigns including event day logistics.
When you join us, you can expect competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, a true focus on work-life balance, training and support from your team leaders, and the latest resources available to ensure that you succeed in meeting your goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree
- Three to five years of experience in special event fundraising with knowledge of sponsorship, corporate giving, and individual giving for special events
- Proven experience in development with a successful track record in special event fundraising
- Aggressive sales mentality with the ability to provide strategic leadership and overall supervision of development efforts
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with team members
- Knowledge of fundraising databases, i.e retrieving and analyzing information to advance fundraising efforts
- Experience in budget development and fiscal accountability
- Strong writing proficiency in conjunction with excellent time, project management and oral presentation skills
- Sound interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to listen and evaluate opinions, suggestions and recommendations of others
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and related software
- Prior non-profit experience preferred
- Demonstration of active, hands-on experience in fundraising with special event goals, volunteer recruitment, and community development experience required
- Must have access to a car, as frequent local travel is required
- Knowledge of the business and social aspects of the Indianapolis area a plus
An equal opportunity employer.
- Together We Can Stop Diabetes *
American Diabetes Association - 2 years ago