PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To perform retail related activities (cashier, sales representative, and/or product placement specialist) for the retail store in a professional, courteous, accurate and helpful manner in order to effectively assist customers and enhance the image and reputation of the Company.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Assists all customers or potential customers in a professional, courteous, reliable, attentive, honest and responsive manner.
• Identifies customer needs and provides knowledgeable assistance to help customers select the correct product(s) to serve their needs.
• Demonstrates and explains products to promote sales or as requested by the customer.
• Remains informed on all new and existing products carried by the Company.
• Closes the sale with a customer, offers Service Protection Plus (SPP) warranties for every qualified product, suggests add-on product for each sale and forwards the customer to a Cashier for payment.
• Helps customers with loading as needed.
• Helps maintain a neat and orderly sales environment, including all demonstration fixtures, product displays and work areas by downstocking, facing and fronting all merchandise in designated area of responsibility (AOR) and other assigned areas as per Company BOSS program.
• Processes special orders, locates and orders parts, informs customers when their merchandise is in, recommends stocking levels for frequently ordered products, and maintains merchandising standards in assigned areas.
• Supports telemarketing sales activities as required such as local phone calls from customers or potential customers.
• Protects the store against theft or other suspicious activity.
• Participates in all non-commissionable events deemed necessary by the Company (e.g. physical inventories, sales meetings, trade shows, special sales, etc.).
• Writes up orders and rainchecks, opens accounts, checks prices, rings up sales, makes change and authorizes credit card purchases.
• Counts down the cash register drawer by using Intelliscale to verify funds, places the correct daily starting currency in the cash drawer and prepares daily deposit for bank.
• Acquires supervisor’s approvals on all disbursements of Company funds, returns, and credit authorizations.
• Maintains a consistent and adequate stock of products on the sales floor and warehouse shelves in a neat, consistent and orderly condition.
• Assembles products for displays and customers as needed.
• Arranges displays to coordinate with sales promotions and the season and makes plan-o-gram (POG) revisions as directed.
• Keeps supervisor informed of important information developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management.
• Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school education or equivalent.
• Ability to work individually or with a team.
• At least 6 months of related work experience with product placement, store layouts or reading designed plan-o-grams or related equivalent training.
• High mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to work accurately with numbers
• Good communication skills
• Flexible hours/scheduling
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequently required to use hands to handle objects; and talk and hear
• Ability to lift up to 70 pounds
• Frequent bending, twisting, stooping, reaching, and lifting.
• Required to stand on cement floor for long periods of time.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Northern Tool + Equipment is a family business that takes pride in our ability to equip you with the tools to tackle tough challenges. We strive to build lasting relationships and promote a fun and unique Northern experience. For more than 30 years, Northern Tool + Equipment has been the ultimate resource for contractors, automotive shops, grounds maintenance professionals, homeowners and serious do-it-yourselfers. We are a multi-million dollar retail, internet, and catalog powerhouse with strength and stability rivaled only by the exceptional products we sell.
*Northern Tool + Equipment is an equal employment opportunity employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Northern Tool + Equipment Catalog - 20 months ago
Northern Tool + Equipment has been a supplier of high-quality tools and equipment for more than 26 years, selling products through direct...