Indeed.com is looking for a full-time Monitoring Administrator to expand our monitoring, metrics and reporting capabilities. In this role, you’ll be working with the Operations team on a modern and fast-paced production system which provides job search results to over 60 million unique visitors per month. If you’re talented, love to learn, and enjoy working with open-source solutions, this position is a great opportunity to grow your skills and contribute to a top-tier web site.
- Champion and implement new solutions to provide more insight into performance and scalability.
- Work with operations and development teams to ensure that future monitoring needs are being met.
- Analyze growth trends and make recommendations for capacity planning.
- Maintain existing monitoring and notification systems, and recommend improvements.
- Develop and implement new monitoring tools and solutions.
- Provide regular service quality reports.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience writing, deploying and maintaining open source monitoring and notification solutions such as Nagios, Ganglia, OpenNMS, Cacti, MRTG, etc. in a complex global operation
- At least 4 years of experience with Linux as a power user or administrator
- Strong scripting skills in PERL and others used in creating and maintaining custom monitors
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working with various types of databases (SQL and NOSQL)
- Familiarity with administration of custom complex JAVA applications in Tomcat environment
- Ability to research technical problems and solutions online
- Interest in learning and taking on increasingly complex tasks
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented work ethic
- Willingness to work flexible / odd hours at times, based on needs, including on-call rotation
Indeed - 13 months ago
Indeed is the #1 job site worldwide, with over 100 million unique visitors per month from more than 50 countries in 26 languages. Job...