Are you interested in solving the dynamic next generation security threats? Are you passionate about working on big data technologies?
Cisco Security and Cloud Operations Team seeks an exceptional senior software engineer to define, design and build the Cisco next generation cloud security solutions. One of the key goals for this position is to create a scalable, high performance distributed systems that can store, analyze and format millions of web transactions a day.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fun and versatile team working on new and exciting challenges in the next generation threat landscape. Qualified candidates will possess broad interest and knowledge in various disciplines including experience in scalable distributed systems applications, databases, large data sets and performance optimizations.
• Own the design and architecture of the next generation cloud security solution
• Contribute in building a flexible and scalable distributed system that will store, analyze and retrieve millions of web transactions
• Work in a dynamic and small environment with opportunities to collaborate with other Cisco teams, including Threat Research, Product Management, Development and Operations
• Collaborate on the deployments of our systems
• Develop expertise in our product solutions, and use that expertise and your experience to help design and qualify the solution as a whole
• Provide technical leadership for a small team of aggressive, motivated, and innovative engineers. Help perpetuate a culture of innovation, execution, and excellence
• A track record showing that you are a highly motivated individual, capable of coming up with creative, innovative and working solutions in a collaborative environment
• Proven track record in developing and deploying enterprise class distributed systems
• Drive to design, execute, and own cutting-edge solutions. Experienced and comfortable with early-phase software development
• Experience with Agile/Scrum development framework
• Experience with deployment automation, automated post-deployment qualifications design and implementation and experience with evaluating monitoring tools
• Strong C++/Python/Java/Scala programming skills in Linux or Free-BSD environments
• Strong Unix/LINUX (Ubuntu/Red Hat/Cent OS) & database skills (SQL/NoSQL)
• Self-Motivated and a good team player
• 8+ years of related experience in software development (preferably in internet security)
• At least a BS/BA in a highly technical field (CS/CE ideal). MS preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of Hadoop and associated applications (HDFS/MR/Hive) is preferred
• Machine Learning/Data Mining experience is a plus
• Malware research and analysis is a big plus
• Experience developing unit test cases using Java, Scala & Python
• Experience with VMware (hypervisor), ESXi, vSphere is a plus
Cisco Systems - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...