To coordinate the marine transportation of materials in the most efficient and profitable manner and to promote excellent customer service and relations.
The primary objective of this role is to achieve efficiencies of operations and other critical financial performance objectives for the logistics market area while ensuring service and value for our customers. He or she will work with the Marine Logistics team as well as assisting all marine sales and customer service & logistics strategies throughout the river system.
This individual should strive to maximize profitability by executing a marine strategies, optimize operations, understand customer requirements, enhance key customer relationships, and embrace best practice sales and operational management tools and frameworks.
To be successful in this role, this individual needs to be an excellent communicator taking into account the needs, capabilities and limitations of both production, sales and logistics.
- Customer Focus: Provides customer focus for the Marine team. Reinforces the needs of the customers. Continuously develops offerings to differentiate Lafarge as the supplier of choice. Assists team in building solid relationships with key existing and potential customers.
- Strategic Planning Coordination: Assist in the coordination of the completion of the Logistics Strategic Framework and related action plans for the market area. Must have the ability to assist in the control of daily operating costs and review and analyze monthly revenue and expenses.
- Marine Freight Quotations: Maintain and analyze job cost database. Provide quotations for specialized marine based transportation.
- Customer Service and Logistics: Understand all Customer needs and requirements. Provide Logistical support to all customers. Be familiar with Marine and land based Logistics. Work with the Maintenance group to schedule equipment maintenance in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Budgeting: Aid in preparing annual budgets and business plans with sound strategy/rationale.
- Administration : Schedule day to day Marine operations and work schedules. Be familiar with daily administration functions including the data entry of marine logistics orders in TowWorks, AR/AP, monitor daily barge and fleet dispositions.
- Operational Duties: Dispatch Marine equipment 24/7. Provide relief to other Marine salaried staff. Other duties as assigned.
Relationships with Others Jobs:
Reports to the River Market Logistics Manager.
Work closely with Plant Manager and Marine Shipping Manager at the Quarry
Works closely with other Marine Coordinator, Crane Southern Marine Manager, Distribution Yard Manager, Territory Managers, and Finance Manager.
Undergraduate degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or Business
Professional experience in the marine industry would be an asset
Knowledge of how IT systems and software works would be beneficial
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong communications skills
- Must be skilled in computer software and systems
- Must be proficient in logistics coordination
- Strong ability to work independently
- Exceptional interpersonal verbal and written skills
- Highly organized individual
- Problem solving
Lafarge - 2 years ago