- Coordinates the execution and maintenance of inventory plans for large, complex, or high-risk categories and subcategories
- Develops and manages new and existing product lines within large, complex, or high risk categories and subcategories
- Develops strategy for category team
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for Merchandising category
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Establishes and maintains supplier relationships
- Leads category matrix team
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides input in the development of budgets for large, complex, or high-risk categories and subcategories
- Supports strategy and growth of category
- Bachelor s degree in Business or related field and 3 years experience in buying, financial planning, replenishment management, retail operations management, or related field OR 5 years experience in buying, 1 - 3 years import buying experience, financial planning, replenishment management, retail operations management, or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1 year experience using intermediate Microsoft Office functionality (for example, Excel, Word, Outlook).
- 1 year of supervisory experience.
- 3 years Profit and Loss (P&L) experience.
- 3 years experience leading a cross-functional team.
- 3 years experience negotiating (for example, cost, product quality, delivery terms) in a merchandising field.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or related field.
Senior Buyer-Sporting Goods
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation that runs...