Job Category: Information Technology
Job Type: Full Time
Employment Type: Regular - U.S.
Pay Type: Salaried
Work Hours/Week: 40
People Manager: No
Work Environment: Office
% Travel Required: 26-50
Province/State/County: Minnesota (US-MN)
Address: 510 Marquette Avenue, Minneapolis, MN
Requisition ID: 19239
Position Purpose: The Telecommunications Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day functioning of the network and Telecom infrastructure, which includes assisting in the design, implementation and support of emerging network Telecommunication solutions to meet business requirements. In this position the incumbent will participate in analyzing user needs, make recommendations for new and current designs, test and implement voice, data and IP telephony products and services. In addition, the incumbent will assist with the deployment and maintenance of service level requirements at an acceptable cost and assist in coordinating installation of approved new equipment and services. They will also provide tier 1& 2 support troubleshooting day-to-day complex network and Telecom problems, maintain several databases needed for critical day to day operations, coordinate IT side of Real Estate move/add/change (MAC) activities and other miscellaneous projects.
Technical Analysis, Design and Consulting
Planning, Implementation & Support
- Assists in the development of internal service level agreements with customers, monitor installed network and equipment to ensure that pre-defined service levels are met at the lowest practical cost
- Consult with end user on problems and needs, providing viable solutions that address these gaps
- Analyze moderately complex network system needs, enhancing existing networks by recommending new equipment, network, or services
- Work with the business to understand requirements and negotiate scope and terms of delivery
- Assist in the design and analysis of network equipment and convergence testing for IP Telephony, IP Transport and Trading solutions (turrets, hoots and ring downs)
- Dispatch appropriate vendors for timely restoration of the network functionality
- Act as manager for project subtasks including resource allocation, progress reporting, and problem reporting
Relationships & Communication
- Troubleshoot day-to-day problems with voice and data networks, providing tier 1 & 2 support utilizing ITIL best practices in conjunction with RBC partners in Toronto.
- Ensure compliance to all network related procedures and suggest new ones as needed
- Assist in reviewing and assessing network contracts and CPE maintenance, making recommendations for improvement as appropriate
- Assist in management of vendor relationships and processes to ensure that services meet business requirements and are billed accurately
- Responsible for converting business requirements into technical solutions, then ensuring that all required activities are accomplished including voice and data circuit provisioning activities
- Monitor progress of all order types to ensure vendor completion of activity meets service level agreements
- Assist in the development of strategies and long range planning in conjunction with Senior Analysts, Technology Support Managers and RBC counterparts
- Monitor industry trends and evaluates telecommunication needs as they relate to the company
- Travel to customer sites for support and implementation of approved equipment and services
- M/A/C and repair support for telecom items as well as 2nd level data support
Development & Coaching
- Effectively communicate and build rapport with team members, stakeholders and interface groups using a variety of techniques and collaboration from initiation to close
- Work directly with various support teams (internal, customers and vendors) and provide technical assistance as required
- Resolve minor conflicts/issues and escalate others as appropriate
- Communicate with external vendors on license and support matters
- Working with direct reports to ensure timely and accurate escalation processes are followed.
- May provide direction, expertise, feedback, coaching and development to build the capability of more junior staff while working with escalation teams to build your own
- Continually enhance skills and build knowledge in all aspects of the organization, the business and information systems
- College degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Over three years of hands-on experience in the networking field
- Exposure to Cisco internetworking and IP telephony implementation and support
- Excellent interpersonal skills and must be able to work in a fast paced team environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good project management skills
- Good research, design, statistical, conceptual and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure during unplanned network outages
- Ability to be process oriented, focused on standardization, streamlining, and implementation of best practices
- Ability to work on a team under strict project deadlines and manage multiple priorities at one time
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technical skills quickly
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects involving multiple vendors and internal resources
- Demonstrated ability to analyze moderately complex situations to determine the root cause
- Able to handle off hour calls and respond to problems
- Ability to travel up to 30% for project work
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
Diversity in the workplace, one of our shared values, lies at the heart of our rewarding, open, supportive and inclusive work environment. We respect and respond to the many competing and evolving priorities in our lives so you can focus on what you can do best – put clients first.
Interested in finding out more? Click here .
We’re a 79,000-strong global financial services team serving more than 18 million business, individual, and institutional clients...