Must be able to work from the greater Charlotte NC metro area.
This position reports into the Finance Shared Services (FSS) Accounts Payable Processing Supervisor. The position is responsible for processing invoices, following AP rules and procedures to ensure invoices are processed in a timely and accurate manner. The position will be responsible for invoice imaging as required, and ensure that invoices are queued and entered correctly into the system. The position will support the resolution of first level (or basic) invoice issues and holds to ensure invoices can be appropriately corrected for timely payments. The role will process several other activities in the AP process, including processing debit and credit memos, return-to-vendors, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs day to day AP invoice processing for their customer group.
2. Executes on processes and procedures to ensure that all invoices are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
3. Addresses first level invoices issues and holds, prioritizing invoices based on complexity, age, and a variety of other factors to help facilitate timely processing of invoices.
4. Performs all the duties related to the imaging of invoices as required.
5. Regularly perform internal control assessments to ensure strong internal controls are maintained and adhere to compliance requirements. Supports the team to evaluate, analyze and suggest changes to policies and procedures to drive efficiencies in cost and accuracy.
6. Supports any compliance or audit requests as they arise.
7. Performs other related duties, as required.
High School Diploma Required Experience:
2+ years related experience Required Skills:
Knowledge of AP function and processes
Familiarity with financial systems and ERPs
Experience with Microsoft Office required
Strong process and systems skills
Proficiency with numbers and strong attention to detail
Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
Excellent organization and follow-through skills Preferred Skills:
Over 2 years experience preferred
Associates Degree in relevant field in Finance, Accounting, or Mathematical studies
Able to articulate complex subject matter effectively
Able to anticipate problems and respond accordingly
Excellent entrepreneurial skills and ability to work independently
Experience and familiarity with Deltek Costpoint or Ariba
Experience in a finance shared service or call center environment preferred
BAE Systems - 23 months ago
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...