The Academic Advisor interfaces daily with students in Professional Development and Certificates (PDC) programs, using several media (email, phone, online chat) to promote retention by identifying and eliminating learning barriers. The Academic Advisor assists the academic team in developing and implementing policies, processes, and procedures to enhance the student experience.
- Interface daily with students in assigned programs via email, and by phone, and respond to student issues/concerns.
- Develop and utilize student outreach tools to promote retention including, but not limited to, welcome letters, technology tips, non-activity reminders, time management suggestions, motivation and study tips, and student recognition.
- Coordinate retention efforts and student-related activities with instructors.
- Assist in development of policies, processes, and procedures to promote an engaging learning experience for students.
- Implement new online features to improve the student experience by remaining connected to the learning process.
- Assist in the launch of any new programs for assigned programs.
- Serve as a student advocate for problem resolution.
- Assist the student services team during peak workload periods.
- Contribute to the academic team and support other functions of the university including admissions, marketing, student services, technology, and finance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in online/distance education preferred
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated effective team work skills including: discipline, enthusiasm, communication, preparation, and commitment.
- Critical problem solving skills.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and attending to details.
- Ability to accomplish projects in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs, especially Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience in education/academic environment preferred.
Kaplan - 10 months ago
Kaplan will put you to the test. The Washington Post subsidiary is perhaps best known for its test-preparation publications, which help stud...