Work from order sheets to build loads for transport, bulk and/or route trucks, using a forklift and/or electronic pallet jack. Each type of loading requires strict attention to order accuracy, both on what is loaded onto outgoing trucks and what is unloaded from incoming trucks.
Transport truck loading involves moving full pallets of product from the warehouse onto a trailer, and removing any returned pallets/plastic flats. Include unloading of raw materials and placing them in designated warehouse space.
Bulk truck loading involves selecting designated packages and flavors of product from the warehouse, then loading them onto a pallet. Responsible for maintaining the stability of the pallet by properly stacking and shrink wrapping the built pallet. In most cases, load pallets onto a trailer for local delivery. Unloading returned product and pallets/plastic flats.
Conventional truck loading involves selecting designated packages and flavors of product from the warehouse, then loading them into the bays of a route truck which the salesperson selected for that particular product/package - includes unloading returned product/pallets/plastic flats. This is a very physical position.
Position requires lifting product weighing from 20 - 45 pounds repeatedly during a 10-12 hour work period. Requires constant standing, walking, bending, twisting, squatting reaching and grasping as you move product
PRIMARY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Organize and clean work area. Refer to load ticket to plan approach to building the order
- Build load: Drive hi-lift to picking area and build pallet Mark load ticket for out of stock items
- Finish load: Wrap pallet when complete
- Turn in paper work with order for check before loading Stage pallet and/or load into truck when ready
- Retrieve product and load truck according to load sheet; have truck checked
- Clean up: Complete partial pallets and put away mixed pallets. Maintain proper housekeeping standards in work area
- 18 years or older
- Pass the drug test
- Pass the background check
Pepsi Beverages Company - 2 years ago
The Pepsi Bottling Group, Inc. (PBG) is a wholly owned subsidiary of PepsiCo, Inc. PBG operates carbonated soft drinks and other...