Founded in 1980, Digitas—one of the world’s leading digital marketing and media companies—is at the forefront of the new digital age. As an independent global network within the Paris-based Publicis Groupe, the world’s fourth largest communications group, Digitas is the first global digital network with offices in the USA, Europe, and Asia. Serving global marketing clients, we create brand experiences in digital and direct channels that engage and excite their customers. Through user-generated content, branded entertainment, digital video production, and social media programs and more we tap into people’s passions and create loyal, motivated relationships.
Our people are at the top of their industry — inspiring innovation, creativity and results. We're artists, analysts, technologists, writers, and producers. We're passionate, creative, thoughtful, and above all, we are committed to our clients, inspired by their customers, excited by change, and fueled by a passion for collaboration and bold invention.
JOB TITLE: VP/Director , Business Manager
DEPARTMENT: Project Management
Perhaps it’s the exposure to innovative technologies, world-class resources, and global reach. Maybe it’s the environment, including hip office locations where we have frequent company-sponsored events. It could also be the strong focus on career development with progressive internal curriculum, training grants, and a generous tuition reimbursement program. Or perhaps it’s our support of creative expression. Possibly it’s our efforts to support charities, both at the local and national levels. Maybe it’s the fantastic benefits and work/life balance (including matched 401k, flexible work schedule, relaxed dress code, and loyalty gifts). But overall it is our remarkable, diverse, expert, entrepreneurial employees who make Digitas Health an amazing place to work.
The VP/Director, Business Manager has overall accountability for all aspects of deliverables for his/her assigned large-scale, multi-million dollar account(s). As the team’s operational and finance lead , the VP/Director, Business Manager serves as a collaborative business partner to team leads , ensuring that a cross-capability approach is applied to all issues related to deliverable quality and fiscal health.
The VP/Director, Business Manager is responsible for ensuring that the principles of continuous improvement are utilized throughout the production process and that his/her project teams use flexible project planning designed to support the creative and executional process.
He/she is responsible for the optimization of team staffing structure , ensuring the right skill sets are applied to the work to serve the business requirements, deliverable quality, and financial well-being of the account. This role is also responsible for the career path management of his/her project management team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Client-facing lead on all financial management issues; responsible for client and internal budget reporting
- Professionally manages client engagements with a focus on balancing quality, cost and schedule in order to exceed client expectations
- Provides accurate and realistic forecasts; actively manages forecast to ensure targets are met and client finance is in the loop with the latest information (scope approvals, billing, etc.)
- Routinely monitors financial performance of accounts to maximize revenue realization and profit margin
- Assumes financial control of all client work (estimates, jobs, fees, billing) throughout the account group
- Creates or reviews all statement of work documentation for the team; accountable for top-down and bottom-up budgets to ensure scopes accurately reflect required work effort
- Responsible for account investment planning and management
- Identifies true needs on business for delivery support and appropriately aligns resources against those needs
- Supervises and mentors assigned delivery managers
- Drives team on-boarding processes
- Educates the team on roles and responsibilities
- Identifies people/account conflicts and helps resolve them with practical solutions
- Identifies and proposes career growth plans for assigned staff
- Partners with cross-capability leads to identify and manage true resource needs (internal and external) across the account team
- Promotes and contributes to Digitas Health’s culture and environment
- Plays lead role in core client new-business opportunities
- Demonstrates strong, professional work ethic
- Accountable for contract management (client, vendor, and inter-company issues)
- Develops key operational tools and processes
- Ensures key tools and processes are in place on large scale businesses and that each is used correctly by entire team
- Keeps a critical eye on team production processes; leads effort to identify opportunities to streamline processes and to create efficiencies and manages the implementation of process solutions
- Ensures that delivery team utilizes a flexible project management approach
- Well-versed in the production needs of interactive/digital engagements; understands print and video mediums well enough to be a strategic problem solver
- Demonstrates passion for the brands and our work
Provides a breadth of process and business skills as well as hands-on experience that fosters credibility and drives thought leadership
- Well-versed in budget and resource management
- Considered an expert in digital work and understands other mediums well enough to be a strategic problem solver
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrates the ability to hire and retain highly capable people while fostering diversity and career development
- Able to negotiate conflict, manage differences of opinion, and communicate with difficult client-team members effectively
- Personally strives to positively influence peer group and cross-capability team
- Uses excellent interpersonal and listening skills
8 to 10 years of professional project management experience, preferably in marketing related field
Agency experience required; pharma experience preferred
Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or Masters preferred
Solid experience scoping, pricing, and scheduling projects from both a bottoms up and top down approach
Expert in Microsoft Project and Excel
Ability to assess existing processes and identify opportunities for increase efficiency
Professional presentation, training and client facing skills
Effective negotiation and conflict management skills
Expressive written and verbal skills and communicative leadership abilities required
For more information, please visit www.digitashealth.com.
Note: This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Performs other duties (or functions) as assigned.
Digitas Health - 3 years ago
This company knows the important bits (and bytes) about interactive marketing. Digitas provides digital communications and direct marketing...