Under the general supervision of the BookOps Manager of Automated Sortation, the Collections Processing Assistant:
- Is responsible for the sortation and delivery of library materials.
- Sorts, receives, processes, and distributes materials and equipment throughout the library system.
- Works with manual and automated systems to sort all library materials, supplies and inter-branch mail accurately.
- Ensures that all bins/materials are properly placed within their designated routes.
- Utilizes elevators, material lifts, and pallet jacks to move materials to their proper locations.
- When necessary, works at the loading dock to receive, process, stage, and remove library materials.
- When assigned, delivers domestic, interoffice, and international mail and makes deliveries to post offices and satellite library locations.
- When necessary, operates and maintains the postage mailing machines. Accepts incoming materials from USPS, UPS, and other vendors.
- Responsible for ensuring all materials are received in good condition, properly addressed, and accurately logged into the tracking system.
- Performs distribution tasks at alternate library locations throughout the system as required.
- When necessary, works with other BookOps units to prepare and process print and non-print library materials for research and circulation collections.
- Performs other related duties are required.
- Successfully demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Good interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills required
- Experience with lifting and properly handling heavy materials
- Demonstrated flexibility, reliability, punctuality and attention to detail
- High school graduation or high school equivalency certification.
- Experience in distributing, sorting, or supply management preferred.
- Ability to operate an electronic/manual pallet jack, postal system machines, and/or material tracking systems preferred
- Entry level knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must pass a physical