This Engineering position will be held accountable for delivering the following:
- Fulfill the subject matter expert role for M9, scheduling, and budgeting processes, including process continuous improvement, training, and coaching of teams.
- Responsible for the scheduling, expense budgeting, and resource forecasting of product development programs
- Responsible for bringing the assigned product development project in on time and to budget through the managing and control of the schedule, expense budget, and resource utilization of product development projects
- Facilitate program team meetings
- Development of, and tracking to, the project business case
Position requires a Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business Management, Purchasing or related field. Masters degree is preferred. If the candidate does not meet the degree requirement a combination of relevant education and experience should total the equivalent of (13) years.
Position requires a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience. Please see the supplemental field for additional requirements
Continuous Improvement System implementation
Lean product development process design and analysis
- Aware of continuous improvement tools and competencies. Participates in teams that apply the CI competencies to business processes generating business results.
- Aware of lean product development tools and principles such as set-based design, trade-off curves, design standards, layered audit, visual management, design reviews, and tactical planning. Participates in teams that apply the lean product development competencies to the creation or change of product development processes generating effective and efficient business results.
Software tools such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- Has successfully led projects demonstrating proficiency in the use of project management tools and principles while consistently applying them at the right times. Occasionally acts as a trainer and mentor to others.
For this role, we may consider internal candidates that don’t meet all of the stated qualifications where we determine that the remaining qualifications could be developed in a reasonable amount of time.
- Proficient at using office productivity software to generate large reports with embedded tables, graphs, and pictures. Use of spreadsheets to analyze large data sets with clear graphs of decision ready information.
This position will initially be located at Juneau but will transfer to the PDC when CVO moves to the PDC. Initially training may occur at the PDC.
Direct Reports: No
Travel: Required 0-10%
Harley-Davidson - 12 months ago
Just like the V-Twin beats at the heart of every bike we produce, the Harley-Davidson culture strongly propels our company to the successful...