The Field Service Engineer performs intermediate customer support activities involving the installation, modification, repair and preventive maintenance of complex equipment and systems to ensure proper working order. Also, this role is responsible for instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
The successful candidate will be based at SUNY- Albany, New York and has the ability to work under general supervision following established policies and procedures to ensure company and customer quality standards are met. In addition, this person will have the ability to work on problems of diverse scope, while demonstrating judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Install, modify, repair and perform preventive maintenance procedure on as many Veeco VIBE equipment and systems following SOP policies, procedures and work direction of supervisor or site lead. Reference list of equipment, components, subsystems, and OEM items required for this position.
- Reduce mask particle contamination by providing ultra clean process chambers, transfer modules and loading stations.
- Train Veeco and customer personnel on Veeco Low Defect Density Ion Beam deposition equipment covering operation and maintenance procedures. Reference list of equipment, components, subsystems, and OEM items required for this position.
- Support customer needs by interfacing with technical support and other support personnel, including development engineering on problems necessitating equipment design changes or on potential new product applications.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects and programs.
- Conform at all times to Veeco and customer’s safety, cleanliness, and working protocol policies to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Maintain and initiate direct contact with customers through daily and weekly on-site meetings to assure customer satisfaction.
- Complete SARs, project plans and other documentations as required in a timely manner.
- Display commitment to resolve problems and make decisions based upon the priority of the problem in relation to business needs.
- Provide necessary information and reports to Service Management, Customers, and Corporate personnel.
- Attend seminars/conferences on pertinent topics to increase the Veeco knowledge base of standards or new ideas.
- Performs contract customer site audits as directed by management to ensure the quality of service is maintained at the highest level achievable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education and Experience
- AS degree, technical certificate or equivalent required with minimum 3-5 years in a technical service or customer relations position. BS preferred.
- Must possess excellent communication skills with ability to speak with clarity and interface effectively with customer, management and peers.
- Requires excellent systematic troubleshooting skills utilizing a structured and comprehensive process to determine the root cause of an outage with ability to handle problems independently and implement corrective action.
- Ability to develop excellent customer relationships.
- Must be able to travel to multiple site locations if deemed necessary to align with customer work schedule. Some travel maybe required, including international.
- Requires general understanding of basic computer language and commands.
List of Veeco subsystems and OEM Components Requiring Experience and Knowledge
- High Vacuum Systems
- High Vacuum turbo pumps
- CTI Cryo Pumps
- RF Plasma
- Parker Motion Control Systems.
- Brooks Automation Systems including robots and vacuum cassette elevators
- Granville-Phillips Vacuum Gauges.
- Device Network Systems.
- DC Power supplies
- RF generators and RF matching networks.
Veeco - 17 months ago
Veeco’s process equipment solutions enable the manufacture of LEDs, flexible OLEDs, solar cells, power electronics, hard drives, MEMS...