Langan’s Arlington, VA office is expanding! We are looking to add an energetic, experienced, and outgoing Site / Civil Engineer / Manager. As the successful candidate, you will be a Site / Civil Project Engineer / Manager with local land development engineering experience. You will be responsible for but not limited to: developing new clients, maintaining relationships of existing clients, as well as designing land development engineering projects for a wide variety of projects both domestically and internationally.
- Proven track record of successful Northern Virginia (Fairfax, Loudon, and Arlington Counties) land development experience with a concentration toward private development work;
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, M.S. degree a plus;
- Possess a valid Virginia Professional Engineer license;
- Designate Plan Examiner (DPE) certification as per the Fairfax County Advisory Plans Examiner Board (APEB) is desired;
- 10 to 15+ years of experience in related site/civil land development engineering projects in the Northern Virginia (Fairfax, Loudon, and Arlington Counties) area;
- Knowledge of Northern Virginia local City, County and State land use entitlement processes and regulations;
- County and City presentation/testimony experience;
- Strong client development and client management abilities with ability to function as a seller / doer;
- Respected, well-known and well-connected in the local marketplace;
- Effectively manage projects from concept through construction documents;
- Self-starter with the ability to manage, motivate, mentor and lead others;
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of land development engineering including the integration of geotechnical and environmental engineering;
- Ability to design and oversee design including layout, grading, drainage, infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, etc. from concept through construction documents;
- Expertise in hydrologic/hydraulic analysis and design including SWPPP preparation and water quality compliance;
- Experienced in report and proposal writing including sub-contractor cost estimation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities; and,
- Availability to work overtime.
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm and has been recognized as one of CE News Best Civil Engineering Firms to Work For. Langan offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad.
We provide our staff with the opportunity to direct their own career path. If you are a highly motivated self starter, we can offer you challenge, responsibility, and an environment to grow your career!
We offer employees competitive compensation packages; company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k) with company match; educational reimbursement; extensive training; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Langan Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -