Join the best professional diesel engine technicians at Transwest servicing Freightliner and Sterling products, Detroit Diesel, CAT, Cummins and Mercedes Benz engines. All locations offer clean, safe working conditions, the latest tooling and computer diagnostic equipment.
As a Service Technician with Transwest Trucks, your responsibilities will include:
1. Perform work as outlines in repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
2. Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
3. Communicate with the parts department to obtain needed parts.
4. Save and tag parts if warranty.
5. Advise shop foreman immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed or if repairs cannot be completed within the time period promised.
6. Document all work performance.
7. Road test vehicles when required, to quality check work performed, keeping in mind that customers vehicles are not to be used for personal errands.
8. Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
9. Ensure that customers vehicles are kept clean.
10. Keep shop area neat and clean and be able to account for all dealership owned tools at all times.
11. Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations governing the disposal of hazardous waste.
12. Perform functions and duties of the job that may require additional or different tasks to be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technology developments).
We offer competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(K), paid holidays, paid vacation/personal time, and an employee car discount program.
Candidate must have experience diagnosing and repairing diesel trucks.
Diesel Engine Technology Certifications / Education are a plus.
Candidate must be a motivated individual who can work independently.
Selected candidate will be required to attend training sessions for products serviced by the company at the company's expense.
Candidate must possess a complete set of hand tools with rollaway toolbox and a valid driver's license with the ability to obtain a CDL.
As part of our recruitment process, we conduct assessment testing and post-offer full background checks, physical and drug screening.
Transwest - 2 years ago
We offer the Transwest exclusive "pit-stop" service diagnostics for keeping you on the road as much as possible, and no one is fas...