As a key member of the business banking team, this position is responsible for managing a sizeable portfolio of some of the Bank's most complex customers. This position will assist business bankers with monitoring existing bank relationships, handling renewals and reviews of existing credits, and analyzing credit/financial information associated with those relationships. This position partners with team members to cross-refer all bank products while ensuring compliance to policies and procedures related to the lending function including strict adherence to Loan Policy and all bank regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manages loan portfolio of up to $100 million of Anchor customer relationships.
· Collaborates with credit analysts, credit leadership and others in the credit approval chain to maintain an assigned business banking portfolio while maintaining good asset quality.
· Obtains the appropriate credit approval from the Market President, Senior Credit Officer, the Executive Credit Committee, or the Senior Credit Committee as required.
· Follows Loan Policy with no material undocumented and unapproved exceptions for portfolio to help ensure compliance and audit rating of satisfactory or better.
· Ensures that all overdrafts are properly handled and approval received as required.
· Reviews credits and develops action plans for distressed loans. Retains clients with risk ratings of 1-5.
· Collects or arranges for collection of delinquent commercial loans and overdrafts.
· Effectively cross sells various services to customers including personal banking, cash management, investments and trust services.
· Provides a high level of service to existing clients to provide exceptional customer experience, proactively manages relationship, and identifies and expands servicing opportunity with the customer’s best interest in mind.
· Actively introduces other Anchor teammates including senior leaders to customers.
Team/Cross Team Collaboration:
· Demonstrates teamwork by collaborating with others on the business banking team and other members of the broader Anchor team to achieve individual and company goals.
· May provide guidance and coaching to support junior team members.
· While reporting through separate business lines, it is critically important that the business, personal, investment and trust and cash management teams as well as shared services create an atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration throughout Anchor. Demonstrate team collaboration by partnering on joint calling efforts, sharing best practices, providing cross-sell opportunities, open and honest dialogue, and other appropriate actions that support great results and excellent cross-team collaboration.
· Provides input and insights to leaders/team on more efficient and profitable Business Banking function through new and improved processes and procedures.
· Supports the Bank in other ways as deemed necessary by senior management.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in business/finance or related field is required. Advanced education (MBA, School of Banking , etc) desired.
· 15 years of commercial lending experience with an emphasis on credit analysis and risk assessment, compliance, and problem loan resolution.
· Thorough knowledge of commercial lending practices and concepts, including a complete understanding of accounts receivable and inventory financing, owner occupied real estate and income producing real estate.
· Knowledge of laws and regulations including but not limited to appraisal requirements, flood searches, Bank Secrecy Act, and lending limits.
· Knowledge of trust, investment and cash management services that compliment the Business Banking function.
Leadership / Team Skills
· Ability to mentor, train, and coach others.
· Comprehensive understanding of policies and procedures.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Advanced abilities to read, analyze and interpret industry journals and reports.
· Ability to effectively present information to groups or individuals.
Mathematical and Analytical Skills
· Comprehensive understanding of accounting principles, including the analysis of financial statements.
· Good mathematical, accounting and algebraic skills to properly analyze the most complex credits in the Bank.
· Ability to calculate amounts such as discounts, interest, payments and percentages.
Portfolio Growth / Negotiating Skills
· Effective negotiating and people skills to effectively grow and manage the assigned portfolio and assist team members as needed.
· Ability to gather, evaluate and form reasonable and effective decisions.
· Strong organizational skills.
Anchor Bank is an EEO/AA Employer