Senior Professional: Programmer Analyst
USA-KS: KANSAS-OVERLAND PARK
Remote Work Authorized
Feb 26, 2013, 11:46:53 AM
Programmer with .net experience and web development skills. Full time opportunity in our Overland Park offices. Property & Casualty Insurance industry knowledge highly desired.
Technical knowledge and documented experience including:
· Solid experience with .NET framework, VB.NET , ASP.NET, VB 6
· Experience with SQL Server 2008, SQL and SSRS
· Knowledge of the use of source control systems
· Ability to work with clients to understand their business requirements and to assist with the development and design of effective solutions to meet the clients needs
· Sound knowledge in architecting, designing and implementing SOA and Web Services based projects
· Knowledge of software development methodologies
· Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
Essential Job Functions
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents moderately complex programs. Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
- Designs systems and programs to meet complex business needs. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs are developed and coded. Ensures programs meet standards and technical specifications; performs technical analysis and component delivery.
- Gathers information from existing systems, analyzes program and time requirements. Assists project manager in preparing time estimates and justification for assigned tasks.
- Designs programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
- Writes specifications for programs of low to moderate complexity.
- Assists support and/or project personnel in resolving moderately complex program problems. Works with client and management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within their areas of responsibility. Provides technical advice on complex programming.
- Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
- Conducts quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
- Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
- Remains abreast of industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field preferred
- Six or more years of programming or testing experience
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
- Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Programming skills
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Ability to work as part of team and independently
- Interpersonal skills to interact with team members
- Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
CSC - 22 months ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...