Comcast's Greater Boston Region is seeking a dynamic, adaptable candidate with success leading a large field workforce including contractors. This leader will be the center of all activity in the Greater Boston Market with approximately 1.8 million customers. This role would have leadership responsibility for the Greater Boston region in a constant changing, fast paced organization.
Responsible for directing and implementing the strategic and financial
operations of all Engineering Departments by creating budgets, providing
strategic operational direction, and ensuring organizational
effectiveness. Monitors compliance with corporate and division customer
service standards, policies, and procedures. Implements and promotes a
customer-driven service culture. Acts as a champion through continued
focus on proactively identifying and addressing processes impacting
engineering. Provides leadership and direction for team which may
include multiple functional areas. Develops and implements strategy for
functional area(s). May have responsibility for developing and managing
Heavy focus on Tech Ops, Scorecards, & Metrics.
Large multimillion dollar contractor budget
Director is responsible for focusing on customer care issues within WFO/Tech Ops. The focus across video, datam, and CDV Calls.
and capital projects associated with the technical department to
- Prepares Technical and Engineering budget and manages all expenditures
operate within budget guidelines.
- Facilitates Technical and Engineering leaders to meet goals and
- Monitors technical performance to comply with all industry and Company
met effectively and efficiently through organizing, planning, scheduling
- Ensures that regional service, governmental and franchise demands are
and dispatching of staff and equipment.
selection, development, appraisal and motivation techniques in
- Ensures competence and continuity of qualified staff through optimum
accordance with the system EEO policy and appropriate policies and
in Technical and Engineering planning and decision making.
- Functions as a chief technical resource to leadership team to assist
- Develops and maintains good relations with public and governmental
technical operations comply with Company, OSHA and other applicable
- Ensures that industry standards are consistently met and that
- Meets all quarterly objectives associated with position.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience
Travel to three locations across MA and NH:
Malden, Manchester & Chelmsford
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.
Comcast - 7 months ago
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online...