Bachelor of Science in Engineering, technical, or scientific
Experience leading/managing various aspects of new product/process development commercialization, launch, or technology transfer with technical emphasis.
Should be familiar with statistical analysis techniques, Six Sigma (Green Belt) certified, working knowledge of Regulatory requirements, validation, and experience with R&D, Supply Chain, and Operations.
Familiar with project management tools with t verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Master degree in Engineering or science
Candidate should be familiar with project management tools/software (i.e. MSProject).
Prefer PMP (Project Management Professional) certification.
Familiar with problem solving techniques and people management skills
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Memphis is located in the heart of Tennessee. We are surrounded by “Blues” legends, rich historical landmarks and southern charm. The Memphis site is a part of the Consumer Healthcare supply chain, and is in the Global Manufacturing and Supply Division of GSK. At present, high speed manufacturing and packaging of powders and tablets in oral care, OTC brands, and medical device in a state of the art in a highly automated, complex technical environment support over 17 domestic and international markets. The Memphis site operates 24/7, and is an integral part of the overall supply chain strategy.
This position is necessary in order to ensure that all new products introduced to the Memphis site are effectively/efficiently transferred from GSK NPD/3rd Party for commercialized product launch and initial manufacturing sustainability.
• Design, implement, and sustain a NPI standardized work/stage gate process while leading a cross functional core/extended team to ensure all new product commercialization processes meet applicable internal/external quality, regulatory, safety, manufacturability (DfM/PUCC), etc. requirements.
• Provide leadership for new product introductions and launches within the Memphis site while ensuring focus on customer requirements, cost-efficiency, and supply sustainability. This role will include customer liaison, business case development, and Category/R&D interaction.
• Partner with Procurement in the technical selection, evaluation, and qualification of production raw materials from internal sites and secondary suppliers to ensure supply business continuity.
• Apply technical expertise to support and/or lead key projects associated with existing products/new technology platforms within the site manufacturing/packaging areas.
• Embrace and demonstrate GSK Behaviors especially applicable to flexible thinking, continuous improvement, enable/drive change, building relationships, and developing people.
• Support and demonstrate expected behaviors as established in site SOPs and guidelines (i.e. EHS, Quality, cGMP, people management, etc.). This would include use of technical expertise to establish baseline and standardized work.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
GlaxoSmithKline is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V - and we are proudly committed to diversity in our workforce.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture and...