The Project Engineer is responsible for promoting and ensuring site and office safety, and assisting the Project Manager and team members in the planning, coordinating, and administration of their assigned job to ensure the work is completed on time, within budget, while adhering to Webcor's quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote safety during the performance of all daily project responsibilities.
- Track and perform jobsite safety meetings, participate in safety meetings, present safety topic, maintain attendance log and binder.
- Perform daily jobsite inspections for compliance with safety standards.
- Effectively use transit, builder's level and total station equipment as necessary to establish and manage project survey control.
- Track work complete and maintain Labor Distribution Report.
- Oversight of concrete pours including:
- Performing pre-pour inspections.
- Coordinate concrete delivery with field crews, material suppliers and required inspections.
- Maintain concrete log and placement records.
- Coordinate job site set up and develop site logistics plan.
- Review field inspection reports and communicate deficiencies to supervisor.
- Responsible for record drawings, create and maintain document control logs to track documents.
- Maintain project progress photographs.
- Write, distribute, coordinate and track RFI's.
- Review all trade specific RFI's for potential, cost and/or schedule impact.
- Review specs and identify all required submittals, prepare submittal schedule, and communicate scope changes.
- Develop and update project schedule with Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Track weekly trade performance against project schedule, review delay log to ensure trade delays have been incorporated into schedule and provide team update.
- Develop and assemble bid schedule and distribute bid package and respond to bidder's questions. Evaluate bid proposals and perform detailed bid tabulation.
- Write purchase orders, subcontracts, and maintain buyout, and contract logs.
- Understanding of different contracts and purchase orders; provisions, terms, language, insurance requirements and claim resolutions and warranty.
- Responsible for promoting sustainable construction and coordinating project LEED requirements.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Working knowledge of contract formats; draft, and issue change order(s) scope to subcontractors with oversight by APM or PM prior to issuance.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of surveying, scheduling, drawings, and construction sequencing.
- Advanced computer skills with the ability to use MS Office with proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, )
- Basic drafting skills using both 2D and 3D CAD.
- Adept in learning new software quickly and able to navigate and use CAD tools to modify 2D and 3D models and schedules in various programs.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the application of 3D Building Information Modeling (BIM).
LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS REQUIRED
- Demonstrate a desire to learn, grow, and desire for continuous improvement.
- Display a high degree of integrity and social responsibility during the performance of daily responsibilities.
- Ability to collaborate with team and manage multiple tasks, produce work on a time sensitive deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude at all times.
- Time Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Negotiate effectively in all situations; settle differences while maintaining positive relationships.
- Create strong morale on his/her team while working to achieve a common goal.
- Develop a business judgment in a manner consistent with Webcor Company Policy and Procedures
- Ability to adapt behavior to meet the needs of the project to ensure project success.
- Provide value to each project through innovation and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Architecture; or Construction Management Certificate from an accredited university with minimum two years as an Assistant Project Engineer, or relevant construction experience.
- Local candidates living in GUAM highly desirable.
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk, hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud. This is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned. Webcor Builders is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of typical functions, and is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The above job responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job.
Webcor Builders - 23 months ago
The core of Webcor is commercial building in northern California and the Silicon Valley. The company constructs mid- and high-rise office...