Facility Operator (Job Number: 325752)
Facility Operator located at 9323 Cypress Loop Road, Stennis Space Center, MS 39529.
Requires ability to work rotating 12 hour day & night shifts on weekdays, weekends and holidays 24 x 7. Staff may be required to work overtime during infrastructure emergencies or natural disasters such as hurricanes.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor facility 24x7 via sophisticated software tools to ensure continuous, uninterrupted service to the NCCIPS customers. These systems include, but are not limited to a Schneider/Square D Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system, and a Trane Building Automation System (BAS). Validate readings on facility equipment Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS), Power Distribution Units (PDUs), Chillers, Computer Room Air Conditioner (CRAC) units, etc., as directed by Facility Operations.
- Continually monitor NCCIPS facility via installed cameras for signs of fire, smoke, equipment malfunction or security incident, and notify the Security Supervisor and Facility Operations Supervisor, as appropriate.
- Monitor Facility Operations fire detection and suppression IT systems. Per NCCIPS Safety and Fire procedures, notify Security Supervisor, Facility Operations Supervisor and Fire Department in case of emergency and engage Fire Suppression Abort, as appropriate, per NCCIPS SOPs.
- Train and be prepared to respond in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Electrical Room safety and use of the fire extinguishers.
- Provide “second person”, as needed, to facility operations staff responding to a facility emergency or malfunction in compliance with two-man rule per NCCIPS Safety Instructions.
- Assist Facility Operations supervisor in evacuation of NCCIPS facility in case of emergency and conduct roll call at designated muster site(s), if required.
- Be trained in the use of and be able to operate the FE-25 discharge “abort” in all zones as well as the Master Abort located in the Facility Monitoring room.
- Reset fire alarm panels during emergencies, if directed by Fire Department or Facility Operations.
- Properly secure data center zones, if required (e.g., X09, alarms, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), etc.), as directed by Facility Operations.
- Coordinate with NCCIPS Computer/Network Operations and NCCIPS Physical Security Manager any planned maintenance on Facility Fire Suppression, Fire Detection, Access Control or Camera Monitoring systems and ensure appropriate Change Requests have been approved by the Configuration Control Board before maintenance is performed on these critical facility systems.
- Maintain and report accurate daily logs.
- Make structured physical rounds to assess the conditions at NCCIPS.
- Monitor Facility Access Control IT system and update data to ensure only authorized personnel are granted access to facility areas and computing zones. Generate appropriate .txt or Excel file downloads, as requested by NCCIPS management.
- Operate Facility Access Control Badging IT system to collect required data and generate “smart” badges for facility access. Ensure Access Control IT system displays proper credentials for each issued badge. Ensure NCCIPS permanent and visitor badges are appropriately controlled, issued and logged. Ensure compliance with Physical Security and Facility Operations SOPs and notify on-site Security or NCCIPS Physical Security Manager immediately in case of any security incident or question.
- Assist armed security personnel with operation and oversight of Building 9323 and 9324 bay doors.
- In concert with Facility Operations, perform periodic walk-throughs of NCCIPS Facility, validating proper operation of access control IT system components, camera systems, and fire detection/suppression systems, and report any abnormal sounds, smells, smoke or IT/Facility system alarms to Facility Operations.
Minimum Required Skills and Education:
- High school diploma. 2+ years of increasing responsibility directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified in the job description.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with general supervision, make critical decisions, maintain thorough records of shift activities and keep supervision fully briefed on current issues.
- Candidates must be self motivated, possess good writing skills, able to produce reports, be an effective communicator, and have good reading skills to interpret policies and procedures.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.)
- Must be fully ambulatory to accomplish data center rounds.
- Candidates must be able to distinguish colors in order to observe alarm indicator lights
US Citizenship is required.
- Technical Associate’s Degree in related field
- Hands-on operational experience or training with large scale Trane air-cooled chilled water systems and Liebert air handling units and associated automation software.
- Prior data center operations experience.
- Building automation software training or experience.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Apr 29, 2013, 2:10:02 PM
Primary Location: United States-MS-STENNIS SPACE CENTER
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC - 17 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...