Responsible for enterprise-wide administration, report design and support of BI software (MicroStrategy). Primarily responsible for all aspects of MicroStrategy Administration functions for projects, servers, user administration and security administration.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage, install, configure and maintain MicroStrategy software releases; conduct analysis for new releases/upgrades and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Performs and schedules software installations and upgrades to BI systems, and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Administer the change management process by promoting projects and objects through the various environments. Educate report developers with report development standards and enforce the standards during MicroStrategy Object promotions.
- Serve as a technical expert providing input to application design regarding environment, tuning, and administration requirements.
- Support MicroStrategy systems and related infrastructures by resolving escalated and technically complex trouble tickets in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support MicroStrategy systems and related infrastructures during system upgrades and maintenance.
- Provide direction and guidance to junior systems administration staff to assist them in their role and understanding of more complex systems administration.
- Provide project setup and user/developer support as required at remote customer sites.
Maintain optimal performance of the application by conducting performance monitoring and tuning activities; utilize knowledge of best practices and industry standards to make recommendations regarding performance.
- Establish user security profiles and application security model.
- Determines priorities and defines what should be done and how to do it.
- Maintain and increase technical knowledge by attending workshops and participating in professional development activities.
- Complete documentation of the tool and associated processes as required.
- Provide on-call production support as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Strong experience with Data Analysis and BI tools including but not limited to: Microstrategy, Jasper etc
- Proven excellence in installing, configuring , administering Microstrategy servers on Linux/UNIX environments
- Strong experience writing complex SQL queries in Vertica, MySQL and Oracle
- Extensive knowledge and proven skill with network technologies required. Additionally, knowledge and skill with at least one of: Active Directory, Exchange, VMWare, Antivirus, Citrix, Web Services, or SAN.
- Excellent knowledge of Data modeling and Datawarehousing concepts
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills demonstrated by the ability to assimilate new information, understand complex topics and arrive at sound analysis and judgment
- Proven ability to translate business requirements to technical implementation, with history of focusing on content readiness and availability to meet the business need
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, react to problems quickly, understand complex
issues and produce high quality solutions
- Understanding of advertising industry is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to develop, maintain, review, and explain logical and physical data models
- Ability to perform production support as required
- Excellent verbal /written communication skills
- MicroStrategy Certification a plus
M a nagement reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with MicroStrategy Tool suite 8.x/9.x
- 3+ years of experience with Microstrategy administration -installation and configuration; LDAP and AD Security configuration, performance management.
- 2+ years of experience with architecting MicroStrategy projects and building reports.
Millennial Media is an equal opportunity employer.