Health Outcomes Research Analysts or Sr Research Analysts
HealthCore, Inc, a health services research firm headquartered in Wilmington, DE is currently seeking
Health Outcomes Research Analysts or Sr. Research Analysts to work in our Alexandria, VA; Andover, MA; or Wilmington, DE office.
Founded in 1996, and now an independently-operating subsidiary of WellPoint, Inc., HealthCore provides the health care system, biopharmaceutical industry, academia, and the Federal Government with "real-world" data to improve the quality, safety, and affordability of healthcare. HealthCore’s projects range from retrospective to large-scale, prospective studies in the areas of drug, vaccine, and medical device safety surveillance, risk management, pharmacoepidemiology, health outcomes, pharmacoeconomics, and comparative effectiveness research.
Responsibilities vary with the positions and include:
- Performing prospective and retrospective health services, health outcomes, and health economic research activities under the direction of the project manager
- Supporting research activities for Health Outcomes project managers in the following areas: research designs, methodologies, analytical techniques, and reporting (with respect to statistical results)
- Collaborating with the project managers to support the research functions that bring high quality reports, peer-reviewed publications, presentations to clients and at professional meetings, and other milestones to fruition
- Utilizing industry standard as well as cutting-edge health economic analytical and statistical techniques
This position requires a M.S., Ph.D., Pharm.D., M.D., or relevant education and 0-1 years of experience at the Research Analyst level, and 1 year of experience in health service research, epidemiology, biostatistics, statistics or related fields at the Sr. Research Analyst level. Post-graduate or post-doctoral training in conducting health service research with experience in biostatistics or epidemiology, managed care, PBM, pharmaceutical, or related experience is preferred. Strong study design and statistical analysis skills and proficiency with one or more statistical applications (SAS, Stata) are required. Experience with health plan administrative databases (pharmacy and medical claims) and economic modeling is preferred.
In addition to a dynamic work environment, HealthCore offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits program, including a 401(k) plan; health, dental, and vision insurance; discounted fitness club membership; life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance coverage; tuition assistance, and free parking.
HealthCore is headquartered in Wilmington, DE, midway between New York City and Washington, DC, with new offices in Andover, MA and Alexandria, VA. As an independently operating subsidiary of WellPoint, Inc., HealthCore offers the resources of the nation’s leading health benefits company in a small company environment.
To learn more about us or apply for a position, please visit www.healthcore.com
EOE - Dedicated to Diversity
Once an offer is accepted, all external applicants are subject to a background investigation
and if appropriate, drug testing. Offers of employment shall be contingent upon
passing both the background investigation and drug testing (if required).
associate referral process on WorkNet. Official guidelines for the associate referral
- Current WellPoint associates: All referrals must be submitted through the formal
program can be found in My HR.
American Imaging Management - 12 months ago
WellPoint, Inc. (WellPoint) is a health benefits company serving 35 million medical members, as of December 31, 2008. The Company is an inde...