Overall Purpose: Responsible for the performance of any/all functions involved in the development and/or maintenance of new or existing applications. The candidate should have experience with eCommerce concepts and working knowledge of digital experience concepts, Mobile Experiences, Analytics & Optimization, Rich Media Management and Social Technologies. The candidate’s involvement will be in an eCommerce environment with focus to provide a seamless omni channel experience to the customer.
Key Roles and Responsibilities: Using programming language and technology, writes code, completes programming and documentation, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Job Contribution: Seasoned technical professional. Contributes through proven technical expertise. Has significant dept/functional impact.
KNOWLEDGE Subject Matter Expert (SME) within own discipline/specialty area; basic knowledge of other disciplines/specialty areas. Deep technical knowledge. Applies in depth knowledge of discipline/specialty area standards/processes. Integrates industry experience and deep professional/technical knowledge. Technical leader and recognized SME on select ATT technologies/systems/procedures.
ANALYSIS/PROBLEM SOLVING Solves unique problems through evaluative judgment/precedent. Independently applies sophisticated analysis in evaluating issues. Develops new concepts/methods/techniques for cross functional initiatives. Recognizes/pursues alternative methods.
INDEPENDENCE Guided by department goals/objectives. Exercises latitude in determining objectives/approaches to projects. Leads multiple small to medium sized projects and technical breadth.
CONTRIBUTION TO ATT TECHNOLOGY Key contributor on complex projects/initiatives. Impacts current and future business opportunities through application of specialized technical/ industry knowledge. Develops methods/techniques based on strategic project objectives. Strong understanding of product catalog in the eCommerce domain.
COMMUNICATION Mentors and provides technical guidance and explains advanced concepts to others in work area. Coordinates across multiple departments. Promotes active listening and open communication. Provides leadership/guidance to others.
Education: Preferred Bachelor of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
Experience: Typically requires 8-10 years experience.
Candidate must be well versed in J2EE architecture, ATG eCommerce platform with strong skills in the ATG product catalog. Candidate must have a solid understanding with repositories, promotions and have the skills to extend the ATG Product Catalog out of the box capability. Candidate must have strengths in database concepts, with ability to perform database design, enhance the repository and write database scripts.
Required Qualifications: (External)
- Eight years experience in developing software applications including: analysis, design, coding, testing, deploying and supporting of applications
- Experience with working on initiatives in an eCommerce environment with focus on enabling a rich digital experience (plus omni channel initiatives) for the customer.
- Excellent technical analysis/design skills
- Track record of delivering projects on time
- Ability to work with technical and business-oriented teams
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- 10 or more years experience in developing software applications including: analysis, design, coding, testing, deploying and supporting of applications
- Understanding of project management process
- Takes initiative, quick learner and self directed, with a desire to seek answers from team members and other groups
- Formal training or hands on experience in the following technical skills:
- Solid experience with ATG Commerce platform
- Deep technical knowledge with ATG Product Catalog
- Solid understanding of eCommerce and business rules governing product associations
- Excellent knowledge of ATG promotions, ATG pricing models
- Significant expertise with repository creation and enhancements
- Deep strengths in ATG promotions, pricing, ATG framework and ATG modules
- Good understanding of catalog/content authoring tools, specifically ATG Merchandizing
- Database Design, Development concepts
- Good working knowledge in stored procedures
- .net technology
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...