Under general direction, prepares exam rooms and assists in examination and treatment of patients.
- Performs general nursing care to patients by following established standards and procedures.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs and records information on patients’ charts.
- May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Prepares examination rooms and maintains daily cleaning list.
- Schedules patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
- Communicates with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
- Formulates and documents patient care plans, charts, tests and examination results in the medical record.
- Escalates non-routine issues to the practice manager or physician.
- Performs other duties as assigned by practice manager or physician.
High school diploma or equivalent. Must be a graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program and hold a current certification as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA). May require specialized training such as Non-Certified Radiologic Technician (NCT), etc.
- Ability to perform EKGs, draw blood and administer injections.
- Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
- Maintains a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
- Good computer skills using a medical management application.
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
MedSynergies - 30+ days ago
The MedSynergies team offers you the perfect blend of medical, technical and business expertise. Our company was founded in 1996 by a group...