This job is responsible for maintaining sterilization equipment and surgical instruments, issuing packing and sterilization of supplies, instrument trays and inventory service to surgery and patient care units.
- Assembles and packages instrument trays and sets assembly set cardex.
- Loads and unloads trays and packaged items onto a sterilization cart.
- Operates and maintains sterilization equipment, to include AMSCO Gravity and Prevac Steam and ETO Sterilization and Aerators.
- Inventories, sterilizes and restocks supplies for Surgery Pack Room and Central Services areas using computerized system.
- Prepares sterilized trays for dust covering.
- Inventories, orders and restocks department supplies for CSR stock and processing area with aid of computerized system; answers phone; fills supply request orders.
- Maintains and monitors chemical and biological tests and sterilization records.
- Performs duties in decontamination area.
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Certification by the International Association of healthcare Central Service Material management National preferred.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Materials Management/Supply Chain
ND-Dickinson-St Joseph's Hospital And Hlth
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 9 months ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...