PMI Environmental Services, a Superior Energy Services Company , has grown to become a leader in the environmental services field, providing a full range of cleaning and environmental services solutions. Our team of dedicated, hard-working professionals is committed to providing customers with safe, effective, cost-efficient solutions that meet their individual needs. Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are EEO/AA employers. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.
PMI Environmental Services is currently hiring a Supervisor - Dockside.
This position requires personal travel to Venice, LA to supervise dockside tank cleaning crews. Short-term temporary job assignments will also require travel – at company expense – between other similar land-based locations based on work activity. Optional – It could also include temporary job assignments on inland & offshore drilling rigs for similar work activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Cleaning of oilfield drilling-related boat & barge tanks and portable containers.
- Working with Confined Space Entry
- Operate machinery such as 8-15 ton forklifts and company vehicles.
- Supervising crews that range in size from two (2) to ten (10) employees.
- Observes all safety and security procedures at all times; reports any unsafe procedures and/or conditions to supervisors; always uses materials and equipment for its designated purpose.
- Removes various drilling & completions fluids and dry bulk products from boat & barge tanks and portable containers. This may be accomplished through conventional methods (pneumatic equipment & accessories) or modern automated equipment (hydraulic & centrifugal pump packages).
- Tests for gases and oxygen content of tanks; monitors and documents results throughout job duration.
- Follow waste minimization practices.
- Customer Service – Understands the relationship between PMI and its employees with the customer; meets commitments; responds promptly & appropriately.
- Safety and Security - Know, understand and able to apply all safety related rules and regulations regarding job tasks assigned; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Leadership – possesses the ability to engage, lead, and motivate others to safely & effectively accomplish assigned tasks.
- Project Management - Assists the project manager with coordination of projects; communicates changes and progress.
- Delegation - Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; willing to share expertise with others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; constantly monitor own work to ensure quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
- Mechanical Aptitude – can perform light repair and maintenance of small equipment & tools; able to troubleshoot problematic equipment & tools and communicate issues to mechanic for guidance.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Minimum of 3-4 years of dockside boat & barge tank cleaning experience.
- Previous supervisory experience required. Supervisory experience of modern automated tank cleaning processes would be beneficial.
- Must be able to work a hitch schedule.
- Must prove competency through written and physical examinations.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is required to fulfill this position.
- MS Excel, Word, and Outlook software experience would be advantageous but not required.
Excellent Benefits : Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
To be considered for this position, please select the link “Apply Now”. If you experience difficulties in the process or have questions, please call 1-866-771-4490 or chat with our online support staff at Live Chat Support, between the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Central Time.
Superior Energy Services, Inc - 20 months ago