United States of America-California-Sunnyvale
Yahoo! is focused on making the world's daily habits more inspiring and entertaining. By creating highly personalized experiences for our users, we keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. In turn, we create value for advertisers by connecting them with the audiences that build their businesses. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and has offices located throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific (APAC) and the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) regions. For more information, visit the pressroom (pressroom.yahoo.net) or the company's blog (yodel.yahoo.com).
Yahoo Operating System Team is looking for an experienced technical architect/lead with a strong background in package management and release management of linux distros to setup and support linux OS deployments at Yahoo for development and production environments. This is a unique position in which a candidate with proven experience in developing builds and deployment plan and strategies, will impact Yahoo’s core infrastructure technology, the scale of which is unparalleled.
- Excellent knowledge of yum, rpms, spec files and linux package maintenance in general
- Very good understanding of system configs and kickstart/installation process
- Excellent knowledge of scripting languages like python and perl
- Knowledge and experience with source control systems like SVN, git
- Experience dealing with Linux distributions and tools (especially RH/Fedora/Ubuntu)
- Understanding of makefiles, package dependencies, patches and upgrades
- Experience with large scale deployments and various aspects of service engineering (configuration management, release management, patch management)
- Knowledge of web services, caching, proxy setup
- Passionate about open source development and knowledgeable about ongoing linux community work
Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!)together with its subsidiaries, is an online media company. The Company attracts users every month through its...