Posting Title : TRAINER / INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER - Office of the Executive Vice President
Requisition Number : 1130
City : Medford
State/Province : Massachusetts
Zip code : 02155
Job Description-Overview :
This is a limited appointment position with an end date of June 30, 2013. This position is also project funded and is not eligible for severance pay.
The Office of the Executive Vice President supports the University’s academic mission of excellence in research and teaching and its emphasis on quality, efficiency, and transparency. The Executive Vice President is responsible for the administrative and financial stewardship of the University, including financial strategy and management (financial reporting, audit, treasury, budget and planning), human resources, information technology, and facilities. The Executive Vice President reports to the President and is part of the senior leadership team, has significant interaction with the Board of Trustees, manages a total staff of approximately 660, and provides direction and leadership to distributed financial and administrative staff in the undergraduate and graduate schools across campus.
University Information Technology (UIT) is Tufts University’s central IT organization that is responsible for providing shared, campus IT systems and services in support of Tufts University’s missions and goals. UIT is under the leadership of a Vice President of IT and CIO. UIT provides a spectrum of campus-wide services, including academic technology support, administrative computing services, networking and telecommunications, information security, Data Center operations, systems management, application services, including user support, training and outreach. UIT works in partnership with schools, business units and other academic support organizations such as Tufts business units, libraries, centers and institutes. Because IT has become an inherent and indispensable component of teaching, research, and campus life initiatives, UIT gets involved in many campus and school initiatives.
In a strong functional partnership, the offices of the EVP and UIT will provide direction and support for a new SIS for Tufts University, with a goal of providing stable, secure, and timely support to students and faculty, and those who support them.
Reporting directly to the SIS Training and Documentation Manager, the Trainer/Instructional Designer is part of a diverse, cross-functional team responsible for the successful implementation of a new Student Information System (SIS). Key responsibilities of this position include attaining a solid working knowledge of the new SIS based on PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, developing and delivering training sessions varying in size, using a blend of methods, and delivering instructional information on how to use the new system in a manner that is easily understood and quickly assimilated by end-users. Additional responsibilities include assessing student performance and recommending improvements and additions to the curriculum and training processes based on classroom feedback. Job Description - Requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree OR High School diploma plus seven (7) years of experience developing and delivering training for enterprise systems.
- Five (5) years of training experience.
- Strong technical skills.
- Experience with both Windows and Mac platforms.
- Experience with e-learning authoring/screen recording software.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including PowerPoint and Word.
- Demonstrated history of delivering IT training programs and student evaluations with the ability to manage various types of classroom situations and learning styles.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- Superior organizational skills with strong follow-through and attention to details.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate complex instructions to audiences of varying skill levels.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Experience in recommending training methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining optimum training results.
- Ability to gauge training effectiveness and recommend improvements to training processes or curriculum.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- Experience performing end-user training on PeopleSoft administrative applications or student information systems.
- Experience modifying the content of Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK).
- Experience performing end-user training on systems or applications that are in beta release or active development.
- Experience working with technical staff such as software developers, systems administrators, database administrators, quality assurance or technical writers.
- Experience in higher education.
- Knowledge of web development including common tools, technologies and standards.
- Experience using Adobe Acrobat, Flash and Dreamweaver.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- This position will include occasional evenings and weekends, and additional work hours beyond the normal schedule.
Job Type : Part Time
UniversityJobs.com - 2 years ago