The team of MR and MR-PET research and development, located at a leading university hospital, consists of a small interdisciplinary team of scientists and clinical specialists. Together with the academic researchers and clinicians, the joint goal is to develop new techniques in translational imaging.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced individual to join our team to help maximize the clinical and business impact of our research work. The individual will be responsible for designing and driving clinical MR and MR-PET research projects with our collaborators and for providing consultation and advanced applications support to carry out clinical research. Deep knowledge of both the clinical applications of MR as well as its physical principles is required. Strong attention to detail, outstanding communications skills, ability to create new and innovative solutions, establish and maintain relationships with a variety of people in different roles / levels and physical locations are essential. Experience in multiple functional areas in the industry of medical imaging or clinical work is strongly desired.
Clinical/Basic Research Consulting
- Support experimental work done by collaborators as needed, including optimization of protocols, and on-site education on how to adapt software to current research needs
- Guide development of customer relationships.
- Initiate and drive clinical and basic research studies with collaboration partners based on new research developments and new applications of product features resulting in peer reviewed publications
- Respond to collaborator inquiries on usage of product and investigational software and hardware for research purposes
Research and Development
- Analyze research workflow and potential image quality improvements together with internal and external collaborators and work with other development teams to implement and validate
- Participate in testing and validation of software
- Develop product protocols
- Contribute original research ideas to team, and contribute to publications and invention disclosures
- Educate R&D colleagues on clinical issues
Sales and Marketing Support
- Provide content for articles for Siemens publications such as MAGNETOM Flash together with internal and external collaborators
- Support educational meetings, trade shows, and site visits
- Answer questions from sales and marketing related to areas of the team’s responsibility
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of organization's business practices, issues faced and contribute to problem resolution of those issues.
Siemens AG (Siemens) is engaged in electronics and electrical engineering. During the fiscal year ended September 30, 2008 (fiscal 2008),...