As an Aurora Leader, imagine yourself...
…Creating a culture of passion that touches every employee, every action and every thought. Imagine providing direction and focus that ensures we are putting the patient at the center of all we do.
Passionate leaders live the Aurora values and act as role models for the entire organization. They serve their communities. They use the art of communication; they listen and understand the power of vision and values.
Imagine yourself instilling a sense of significance in a diverse workforce and mobilizing others to constantly find better ways to provide health care.
As VP,Business Intelligence for Aurora Health Care, imagine yourself…
- Defining Aurora’s business intelligence strategy in conjunction with other leaders to gain data-driven insights which
support business decisions and identify new opportunities.
- Collaborating with senior leaders to identify key business intelligence projects with measurable value propositions to
improve organizational performance, reduce costs and provide new business opportunities.
- Overseeing a portfolio of business intelligence projects which includes the plan, scope and functional requirements
development, project prioritization and risk management. Ensuring the projects are meeting established timelines and criteria as well as providing measurable business value.
- Overseeing the Aurora data warehouse, ensuring that it meets business data analysis/reporting needs, and promotes direct
ad hoc query and reporting access to key operational data by business managers using graphically oriented access tools.
Ensuring that the key data elements required are available in a set of well-defined data models.
- Promoting the use of direct ad hoc query and reporting access to key operational data by managers using graphically
oriented reporting tools.
- Identifying and implementing a set of data marts supporting key business areas and activities.
- Performing human resources responsibilities for staff which include interviewing and selection of new employees,
promotions, staff development, performance evaluations, compensation changes, resolution of employee concerns,
corrective actions, terminations, and overall employee morale.
- Developing and recommending operating and capital budgets and control expenditures within approved budget objectives.
- Understanding and adhering to the Aurora Health Care Code of Ethical Conduct and for ensuring that personal actions, and the actions of employees supervised, comply with the policies, regulations and laws applicable to
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or other related field
Requires 15 years of experience in information technology or business optimization/innovation. Requires 10 years of management experience in business intelligence which includes oversight of complex projects and developing data
driven or innovative approaches to enhancing evidence based business decision making and operational performance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Expertise in developing and executing data driven approaches to enhancing business decision marking and operational
Skills and experience in overseeing a complex projects mix, identifying business requirements, identifying gaps,prioritizing business needs.
Advanced understanding of modern information technology and development methodologies particularly related to a
corporate data warehouse.
Excellent written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to work effectively across the organization from
individual contributors to the senior levels of executive management.
Strategic thinker, ability to understand the business direction and goals of the organization, and identify potential implications for the information systems required to support them.
Advanced skills in developing the associated scope, functional requirements, risk assessments, cost estimates and plans for proposed projects and tracking the delivery of approved projects and their associated benefits.
Expertise in developing and implementing new technologies and work processes and developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
Advanced knowledge of business intelligence best practices in the market.
Discover the Benefits:
Imagine a work environment where you are valued for finding better ways of caring for our patients and are offered flexibility, mobility and growth through a wide range of career options. With Aurora you'll find a diverse and comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace.
Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit Wisconsin health care provider and a nationally recognized leader in efforts to improve the quality...