Manager, Strategic Planning-1214986
American Express is looking for a high performing Business Strategy Manager for an entrepreneurial opportunity within the Enterprise Growth Strategy and Innovation team. This high energy team is focused on identifying and evaluating disruptive technologies and emerging trends across the payments landscape and leading American Express’ strategic response.
The role requires a passion for technology, social behavior, and commerce as well as an intense curiosity about the future of how customers interact with each other and transact. The incumbent must resourcefully develop a deep understanding of the complex and rapidly changing competitive payments landscape. They will evaluate new markets, competitive actions, and evolving industry models and structures in order to help set the strategic agenda. This is a great opportunity to play a key role in developing and implementing the digital strategy for American Express.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer.
- Work with business units and cross functional teams to prioritize strategic objectives and evaluate partnership and acquisition opportunities against identified strategies.
- Analyze industry trends, competitive threats, expansion opportunities, and internal performance across digital (online, including social media and ecommerce, mobile, etc.) for the short term and long term planning needs of the organization.
- Deliver data-driven insights to support actionable strategic direction, prioritization, and strategy communication.
- Understand, synthesize, and form a point of view around various inputs ranging from internal business cases, strategic analysis, and external/industry research.
- Contribute to developing transformational and actionable strategies for entering new growth segments.
- Prepare and communicate recommendations to senior management.
- 2-3 years of business development, digital strategy, or management consulting at a top tier investment bank or leading management consulting firm, or meaningful strategy experience at a digital established or startup enterprise.
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; think and respond quickly while maintaining attention to detail.
- Passionate about learning the latest digital trends, innovations, and technologies that shape the payments industry.
- Exceptional problem solving skills (issue identification, problem structuring , analysis, development of actionable recommendations) developed through management consulting or similar strategy engagements.
- Demonstrated ability to create results on project teams.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to influence given the sensitivity, complexity, and impact of the work.
- Positive, professional, and responsible attitude, independent and self-directed yet also team oriented; self-starter.
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
American Express - 13 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...