Demandware is a leading provider of software-as-a-service (SaaS) ecommerce solutions that enable companies to easily design, implement and manage their own customized ecommerce sites, including websites, mobile applications and other digital storefronts. Customers use our highly scalable and integrated Demandware Commerce platform to more easily launch and manage multiple ecommerce sites, initiate marketing campaigns more quickly, and improve ecommerce traffic. Demandware drives the success of high-growth brands Leading brands such as Playmobil, Columbia Sportswear, Crocs, L’Oreal, Callaway, Anne Kline, Panasonic and Barney’s - to name a few. Today, we power digital commerce for more than 100 retailers across more than 400 sites around the world .
Demandware is seeking a Platform Systems Administrator to work as part of our team. In this role you will be a part of the team that monitors our SaaS applications and eCommerce Platform. This is a fast paced role that requires equal parts confidence in troubleshooting and instincts of when to escalate potential issues to our systems team. The successful candidate will be responsible for administrating a data center computing platform based on utility computing and computing-on-demand technologies focusing on the following areas: blades, tiered storage, grid computing, virtualization, provisioning tools, clustering, and disaster recovery. This is an exciting opportunity to work with cloud technologies with a leader in the eCommerce industry.
This is a shift based role. Working on the team you will rotate between periods of day and night shifts.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- The Operations Engineer will be responsible for the oversight and management of Demandware's client facing applications, servers, and network 24x7.
- You will be a member of an existing team dedicated to solving difficult challenges and providing high level support at Demandware.
- You will monitor conditions, make recommendations, and coordinate changes in the running of the production environment.
- You will work as support taking escalations from the Application Support Team members and making escalations to development engineers when appropriate.
- Excellent technical and people skills are an absolute necessity.
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting applications and networks
- 5+ years experience working with Linux/UNIX (SuSE/Red Hat, Apache, Tomcat, LDAP, etc).
- Experience working with infrastructure automation in a production environment.
- Must have exposure to clustering solutions
- Hands on experience with large autonomous Linux installations a plus.
- Must be able to create and maintain documentation and metrics for server builds, backup processes and procedures, consoles and vendor contacts.
- Ability to perform performance and kernel tuning as well as deep troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Work experience with benchmarking of dynamic web sites
- Exposure to Oracle database systems
- Understanding of network environments (ACLs, VLANs, VIPs, etc) and tools (netstat, ethereal,mrtg)
- Experience with engineering tools such as bug tracking and source code control systems
- Ability to help develop and implement governance and security processes (ie.,Sarbanes-Oxley, SAS70, PCI, etc).
- Fast paced, dynamic, customer focused environment.
demandware - 2 years ago
Demandware brings together some of the brightest minds on the planet from a wide range of backgrounds. Here you’ll find the exciting...