Job Summary: |
To assist in providing quality patient care while maintaining positive levels of interaction with facilities and clients, under the direction of a licensed or registered physical therapist. Adheres to applicable state regulation concerning physical therapy.
- Under the direction of the licensed or registered physical therapist, optimizes functional abilities and skills of patients in facilities by: assisting in screening and initial evaluation of all patients; implementing treatment for all assigned patients; delivering treatment according to the established treatment plan; accurately documenting progress toward objectives and communicating patient status and needs to the patient, the patient’s family, the staff and other professionals.
- Provides direct supervision Rehab Aide in skilled tasks during group and individual treatment in a manner that promotes appropriate utilization of resources and development of clinical skills in accordance with State Practice Acts.
- Builds a strong rehabilitation care practice within each facility by: establishing and maintaining courteous and helpful interaction patterns with staff, patients and families which reflects sensitivity to individual needs and a problems solving approach; contributing to facility patient care, utilization review, administrative staff/department head, and family conference activities/communications as directed by the physical therapist; establishing and maintaining good working relationships with other health care professionals and colleagues in the community; maintaining awareness of change in patient populations, patient conditions and programs and keeping the licensed or registered physical therapist informed directly and in a timely manner, of patient progress and facility issues; adhering to the requirements of the Patient’s Bill of Rights; adhering to established facility policies and procedures related to environmental safety, orderliness, risk management, infection control and emergency situations.
- Enhancing clinical expertise, professional and management skills through interaction with managers, therapists and other professional staff, self-study, and other continuing education activities. Maintaining valid state license (where appropriate); obtain membership and participate in professional organizations; maintain awareness of issues related to the profession of physical therapy and the health care environment.
- Understand managed care/Prospective Payment System (PPS) billing and treatment guidelines. Provide quality care as well as reasonable goals and outcomes within the guidelines.
- Compliant with infection control procedures and environmental safety protocol within a facility.
- Maintain confidentiality of facility and patient information.
- Team Player.
- Communication skills for accurate, concise, and organized oral and written presentations of information to patients and staff.
- Listening, reading and comprehension skills for analyzing reports, charts and correspondence.
- Effective clinical problem solving skills (e.g. identify and prioritize issues in responsive manner, develop sound and innovative action plans, execute action plans on a timely basis, ensure appropriate results, etc.)
- Graduate of an APTA accredited school for Physical Therapist Assistants.
- Valid state license (where appropriate).
- Valid driver’s license.
Reliant Rehabilitation is a leading provider in long-term care rehabilitation services -providing physical therapy, occupational therapy,...