Position that requires extensive customer service skills, positive attitude, expressed enthusiasm, high degree of confidentiality and the ability to work well with others and in a team environment. Responsible for assisting multiple loan officers with initial loan functions that ultimately move all types of loans, including real estate loans, through a processing cycle from origination to processing to closing. Must have a thorough knowledge of the Bank’s practices and procedures, and the policies, procedures and documentation requirements associated with the various loan programs. Must have the ability to meet critical deadlines, effectively prioritized tasks at hand, and work in a team atmosphere. Demonstrates a high degree of accountability through utilization of skills, knowledge and actions that protect the assets of First Bank of Montana and its customers.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
Will works in a cross functional processing team of 3 or more team mates that assists one or more identified loan officers with processing loans to meet closing deadlines. Will help ensure loans meet regulatory guidelines.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Loan Processing (Laser Pro and Upload to JHA)
2. Pull Credit Bureau Reports
3. EFS/UCC Filings
4. Brand Lien Filings and Vehicle Lien Filings
5. DOT/Mortgage Filings
6. Order Title Commitments and Appraisals
7. Collateral Tracking (UCC/EFS Renewals, Brand Lien Renewals)
8. Document Tracking
10. Second review of files
11. File Pending documents
12. Rotation in Friday call center
13. Assit w/ Credit Authorization preparation (budgets, credit data, f/s)
ADDITIONAL REAL ESTATE LOAN ASSISTANT DUTIES
1. Assist multiple MLO's with Secondary Market Loans
1. Knowledgeable in mortgage software including E3 preferred for loan processing.
2. Order verifications, hazard insurance and double check appraisal
and title have been ordered. Keep notes of all pertinent information.
3. Knowledge of FFIEC/Geo Codes and property mapping
4. Construction Loan Disbursements
5. Paid Notes - Real Estate and Consumer
7. Maintain Checking Accounts (REM Fees and Escrow Account)
8. Escrow Analysis
9. Pay taxes/insurance for Escrow Accounts
10. Flood Insurance Tracking
1. Is knowledgeable on all aspects of the Real Estate loan process.
2. Can communicate requests and product information in a manner that is understood by the customer.
3. Responsible for modeling the behaviors that make a customer feel valued when using FBM services in person or over the phone.
4. Make all customers feel welcome and at ease by treating them in
a friendly and courteous manner.
5. Research account/loan information for customers and
demonstrate that you are interested in their business.
6. Discover the customer’s problems, needs and objectives by
making observations, listening and asking questions.
7. Calls the customer by name and engage the customer in
conversation. Actively establishes rapport and shows concern.
D. MISCELLANEOUS DUTIES
1. Actively participates in FBM continuing education
2. Acts as a team member within the processing group and within the department by assisting with coverage in key areas and actively cross-training in order to assist in times of staffing shortages.
4. Other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: Only minimum duties are listed. Other responsibilities may be required as requested by Management.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Education and Experience:
a. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
b. One to three months mortgage related experience and/or training preferred.
c. Equivalent combination of education and experience
2. Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
a. Ability to foster and maintain a working relationship with internal and external business affiliates.
b. Ability to read and understand simple Notes.
c. Knowledge of and ability to understand all loan codes.
d. Working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
e. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
f. Ability to use listed tools and equipment.
g. Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
h. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
i. Ability to establish and maintain effective personal working relationships with peers and supervisors.
j. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
k. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
l. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
m. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and infrequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision (to see colors and watermarks on checks), peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is infrequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
MENTAL/MOTOR DEMANDS: (The mental/motor demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee constantly works with time constraints and maintains attentiveness duration and intensity. The employee frequently has routine workflow. The employee frequently exercises flexibility (the ability to shift from one task to another). Guidance, reinforcement and co-worker support are available frequently. The employee is frequently involved in social interaction which requires frequent oral and written communications.
Mathematics and reasoning are constantly used/required on the job. Memory and estimating are frequently used/required on the job. Problem solving and exercising judgment are frequently used/required on the job.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. - 19 months ago