Principal Systems Engineer - 1202009
Provides technical expertise to implementation/professional services teams as it pertains to installation of company products. Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer applications/solutions. May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client. May provide software development and consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation. May provide follow-up support to company sales staff and customer personnel by disseminating technical information on specific applications. Ensures that the product application/solution is functioning according to specifications.
- Provide onsite and in-house technical support of sales teams through written response.
- Provide onsite and in-house technical support of sales teams through presentation to customers.
- Provide onsite and in-house technical support of sales teams through verbal communication.
- Design a system from a component level to solve a customer business needs.
- Usher new products into Client Service.
- Participate on product development teams by providing input of customers and field knowledge.
- Plan and communicate the development of new products for Client Services with management teams.
- Support Sales and Project Management.
- Assist the implementation team in the design and development of customer projects.
- Practical experience writing system requirements, design, and test specifications for large systems
- Experience developing hardware, firmware, or software used in communication network products or systems
- Familiarity with IP based wireless and wired communication networks
- Experience developing and executing software based system models and simulations
- Familiarity with one or more software languages that can be used to build system models (MATLAB, C/C++/C#, OpNet)
- Familiarity with RF system design and propagation analysis tools is a plus
- Familiarity with one or more wireless communication protocols is a plus (IEEE 802.11, 802.15.4, cellular)
- Familiarity with database design and tools is a plus (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
This position requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience
Education: Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Travel: 10 - 30%
Physical Demands: This is a typical office job, with no special physical requirements or unusual work environment.
Itron is an EOE AA Employer. If you require an accommodation in order to apply to this position, please contact Accessibility@itron.com.
Itron is the leading provider of energy and water resource management solutions for nearly 8,000 utilities around the world. We offer end-to-end solutions that include electricity, gas, water and heat measurement and control technology; communications systems; software; and professional services. With nearly 10,000 employees doing business in more than 130 countries, Itron empowers utilities to responsibly and efficiently manage energy and water resources. To realize a sustainable future, start here: www.itron.com.
Region: North America
Primary Location: Spokane/Liberty Lake
Employee Status: Regular
TAG: R&D, SmartGrid
Job: Research & Development
Itron - 18 months ago