EH&S Delivery Specialist
position provides EH&S support for several businesses at the St. Charles Operations sites. Support is provided through coordination and implementation of EH&S work processes, compliance efforts to meet new and existing regulatory requirements, and proactive leadership in achieving EH&S goals.
There is substantial responsibility for ensuring EH&S compliance, particularly environmental compliance, in this role.
The incumbent will play a key role in helping the plants identify and resolve critical environmental issues that will allow business success.
Evaluate, develop, and effectively implement new EH&S work processes or regulations.
Become the SME on each of the permits for the areas you support.
Complete and submit required regulatory semiannual and annual periodic reports (ie. HON, MON and PEPO).
Complete annual emission reports (i.e. SARA, EIS, Global Emissions Inventory (GEI)) on time
Lead Title V permit renewals including reviewing agency draft documents, public notice reviews and provide feedback.
Train Run-Plant Engineers on permit requirements associated with their equipment.
Maintain compliance with each of the permits for the areas you support.
Work with EH&S Expertise to obtain clear interpretations of site-specific regulatory process, regulations, laws and associated procedures
Lead facility permit modifications that accurately reflect the process involved.
Provide expertise/guidance in environmental regulations applicable to the plants supported and in specific requirements of plant operating permits.
Utilize Management of Change (MOC) and Implementation work process to effectively deliver the regulatory guidance, required documentation, and training to the appropriate groups.
Also, provide expertise in performing Environmental reviews for plant (MOCs).
Support / improvement systems to perform environmental regulatory reporting
Facilitate EH&S Root Cause Investigations
Coordinate between operations and support services for local EH&S monitoring needs
Participate in and provide data for EH&S audits and EH&S related self assessments of standards, permits and other regulatory requirements to ensure full compliance with company, state and federal requirements
Demonstrate leadership by participating in the identification of EH&S issues and resolving them
Manage the Compliance Task Tool for the plants supported.
Facilitate missed compliance task investigations and the development of corrective actions.
Maintain a high level of customer focus.
Accountability will be measured in relation to the support of EH&S performance.
Initiative: Independently initiates activities and responsibilities that contribute to the successful implementation of the EH&S work processes. High degree of unsupervised activity - must excel in this type of environment.
Interpersonal Effectiveness: Works well with a diverse organization coming from various backgrounds and work groups.
Leadership: Aligns EH&S process with the business objectives and strategies. Provides strong leadership on department and site EH&S teams.
Teamwork: Help the teams identify and overcome the barriers to achieving EH&S goals and success. Works with the teams to ensure procedure development and usage addresses applicable EH&S issues. Work Process Discipline: Implement EH&S site and global work processes
Computing Skills: Proficient with spreadsheets and database usage or able to learn quickly. Needs to be able to construct cause-and-effect diagrams.
- Five or more years of manufacturing/plant experience or Environmental regulatory-focused experience is required.
- Experience in the Chemical, Petrochemical or Oil and Gas industry is preferred.
- Previous knowledge in EH&S is required.
- Experience with environmental reporting and knowledge of environmental regulations including air permits is highly
- The successful candidate must be highly customer service oriented as the success of the job depends on fulfilling
business client needs.
- Details are very important in the compliance aspects of this job, so the incumbent must be very detail oriented.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. - based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent
basis (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Residents or qualifying Asylee).
, we are harnessing the power of science and technology to improve the lives of people around the world. We are accomplishing this by empowering our people - the Human Element - to lead change. To recognize their outstanding efforts and contributions, we offer a total rewards package which is considered top tier in our industry.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical discipline is required.
- Engineering degree with a concentration in Environmental or Chemical is preferred.
- Biology or Chemistry will also be considered.
** This position does not offer relocation assistance.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance and shares company, business or functional success
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities in a rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work on global teams with colleagues around the world and in different locations
DOW - 13 months ago
Dow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving...