Sr. GIS C# Software Engineer (Job Number: 319153)
SAIC has a career opening for a Senior level Geospatial C# Software Engineer, with a strong focus on .NET and Silverlight development. This position is located in Washington D.C.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Responsible for performing requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, verification and validation, and maintenance of enterprise GIS web services and web-based and desktop solutions in a .net environment.. Analyzes and documents software requirements, clarifications, use cases, design specifications, creates and implements software code, test plans. Knowledgeable of software lifecycle development processes, standards and best practices to ensure high quality software applications are designed thoroughly tested and delivered. Customer may require agile and waterfall approaches. This role provides technical leadership within a wider virtual team and manages locally one or more subcontracts and/or team employees.
- * This position requires the ability to pass a background investigation with USDA**
- *This position is located at a U.S. government facility and requires U.S Citizenship or Permanent Resident status to qualify**
Scope: Part of a critical team developing and supporting high-quality enterprise geospatial solutions supporting a federal civilian agency’s enterprise GIS program of more than 3000 users. This position will serve as technical team lead in the Washington DC location for this program. This is a software development position and as such 75% of the effort is anticipated to be direct hands-on coding. Minimal travel anticipated, work location is in Washington D.C. on the Mall directly beside a metro stop.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 8 years of general experience. Six (6) years of general experience is considered equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree.
- With a Master's Degree, six (6) years of general experience is required.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise with Silverlight or HTML5, WPF, XML and Win Forms.
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive C# .Net development experience.
- Experience with Geographical Information Systems (GIS) integration and development in .net environment using ESRI’s ArcGIS Server and ArcObjects is required.
- 2+ years WCF/Web Services/SOAP.
- Experience designing desktop and web applications for large scale multi-user deployments including software architecting, design and performance considerations.
- Knowledge of database engineering and administration with SQL Server is a plus.
- Experience with automated software testing tools for regression testing is a plus.
- Understanding of federal standards governing web application design and development.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Mar 8, 2013, 1:43:12 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...