Customer single point of contact for the installation/construction of very complex voice, data, and VoIP networks for CenturyLink Retail Business customers.
Also manages more complex, multi-phase, multi-product long-term deployments.
Frequently manages implementation of new products and applications.
Focus on both Regional and National products.
Accountable for meeting the highest level of customer satisfaction, during the delivery of sold services, to ensure future success in selling CenturyLink’s products and services. Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for identifying, and ensuring participation of all required internal, and vendor resources, to ensure the on-time delivery of sold services within budgetary guidelines.
- Negotiates due dates based on resource/network availability to maintain CenturyLink’s profitability and to meet customer requirements.
- Acts as customer facing single point of contact during the life of the project.
- Often dedicated to strategic global customers for repeat business.
- Identifies additional sales opportunities and engages Sales organization as appropriate.
- Performance in part, is measured based on customer surveys completed upon delivery of services.
- Understands project goals and objectives as it relates to customer’s business strategies and long term needs.
- Deliverables include project assessment, team formation, schedule preparation, status/jeopardy reports, risk analysis, project status reports, and post implementation analysis.
- Accountable for successful overall project completion.
- Analyzes sales contracts, product/service descriptions, network technical requirements and historical data to initiate voice, data, customer premise equipment and professional service projects.
- During the pre-sales process, assists in the preparation of sales contracts and estimation of costs.
- Participates in RFP responses and face to face customer meetings to assist Sales team with winning new business.
- Identifies stakeholders and sets up required parameters in order to fully track schedules, budgets, and other important success metrics.
- Works directly with customer to develop scope of work, timeline, communication plan, and risk management plans to produce an integrated project plan for a cross-functional implementation team.
- Ensures that project plan aligns with the customer’s strategic objectives and corporate culture.
- Gains project plan approval from the customer and key project stakeholders.
- Plans and hosts the project kick-off meeting for CenturyLink’s interdepartmental and customer teams.
- Communicates critical project information to account teams, customers, project team members, and appropriate stakeholders.
- Develops solutions and removes obstacles to meet project milestones.
- Recognizes risk and takes corrective action to assure compliance with customer service and contractual expectations.
- Obtains customer acceptance of final deliverables and/or services and products provided.
- Ensures final documentation is complete (engineering diagrams, customer labels, and maintenance documentation) and delivered to the customer.
- Reviews Lessons Learned and updates historical information to be used for future projects.
- Conducts a project closure meeting with the customer and internal CenturyLink team to ensure smooth transition of the account to service and sales support organizations.
- Solicits feedback from customer to determine customer perception of service quality, satisfaction, and Project Manager’s effectiveness.
- BS/BA or equivalent demonstrated expertise in Project management, technical management, business management, telecommunications, marketing, or engineering education and 5 years relevant experience.
- At least 4 years experience in the implementation of telecommunications products, and services (focus on both Regional and National products).
- PMP Certified and active member in Project Management Institute Organization.
- CenturyLink Project Management Organization must recognize certification.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...