Medical Assistant Lead
Job Code: 2314
Ability to underfill with Medical Assistant - 2316
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 months as clinic Medical Assistant or graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
Provides direct patient care. Performs vitals, patient history, venipuncture, lab, x-ray, referrals, and patient phone messages as directed by the provider and/or clinical supervisor. Serves as a liaison between provider and patient. This position requires age related competencies. Performs other duties as assigned. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires. INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Responsibilities for the delivery of patient care include:
- Gathers and documents information about patients condition, which include lab values, pain levels, patient education needs, nutritional status and potential complications.
- Contributes to the assessment/re-assessment of patients which include lab values, pain levels, patient education needs, nutritional status and potential complications.
- Monitors for signs and symptoms related to abnormal lab values, and deviation from baseline assessments.
- Instructs the patient/caregiver in signs/symptoms of complications and home management related to disease process as per plan of care.
- Participates in the development of the plan of care, to include implementation and evaluation of appropriate patient care interventions which may include medication administration (exclusive of narcotics).
- Documents patient status accurately and timely using Allscripts EMR.
- Participates in chart management to ensure chart accuracy after each visit.
- Promotes patient satisfaction and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports any suspected abuse and refers patient/family to appropriate health or social resource.
- Performs Venipuncture, EKG, Waived Testing, Bone Density, X-Ray, and other procedures as assigned by the physician, manager or clinical supervisor.
- Responsible for sterilization of equipment after a procedure is performed.
- Participates in the orientation and skilled development of new staff as assigned.
Medical Assistant is accountable to the Provider, Business Office Manager, and Clinical Supervisor. Medical Assistant is responsible for patients under their care while in the clinic. Performs duties in a manner that ensures a physical environment free of hazards to self and others.
Required Physical Demands:
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects) Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes Seeing: Yes Hearing: Yes Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Moderate exposure to hazardous risks, including potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
VII. Required Competency Test(s) Clinical LPN/MA
VII. Required Competency Test(s)
- High school diploma or equivalent and graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant Program required.
- 3 years as a clinic Medical Assistant required and Registration or Certification from an accredited school. 5 years without Medical Assistant Registration or Certification may be substituted.
- Certification from an accredited Registered Medical Assistant Program required.
- Current Basic Life Support certification upon hire required
- Requires validation of competency in medication and administration.
- Requires annual attendance and participation in annual skills fair and check off.
- Demonstration of core competencies will be completed within 90 days.
- Completion of unit specific competencies within 90 days.
INTEGRIS is a not-for-profit organization and the state's largest private Oklahoma-owned health system with nearly 9,000 employees working...