Eaton Corporation’s PMC Division of Eaton Aerospace, has an opening for Program Manager III. The position is based in Jackson, MS.
The Jackson facility has approximately 500 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
Program Manager III leads the Platform, Site or Business Unit Program Management and Integrated Product Team(s) to drive customer satisfaction, continuous improvement and life of the program financial performance by managing customer programs, contracts, and business relationships.
The successful candidate will be able to do the following:
- Manage the Profit and Loss of the Platform or Division’s site NPD projects. Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for every project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
- Champion IPT leadership across the Platform or Division site/business unit. Facilitates the implementation of program management processes at the site, business unit or Division.
- Supervise the Project and/or Program Managers assigned to the Platform Program or site / business unit. Establish objectives and goals and provides direction to the program and project teams in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment.
- Provide overall Platform or site / business unit interface with the customer. Improve organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Communicate and manage customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
- Ensure adequate support to the program teams by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
- Maintain metrics for programs and contracts for earned value (CPI/SPI), quality, technical performance and delivery through all of the PROLaunch phases.
- Coordinate all risks and requirements of the platform program into a complete integrated entity. This is accomplished by planning, controlling, integrating all projects and programs and measuring all elements to ensure the requirements and goals are successfully achieved.
- Manage customer contracts, pricing, terms and conditions and contractual flow-down through the organization. Establish and negotiate pricing strategies by system and/or product, market and by customer. Develop contract negotiation strategies. Ensure effective change management process is utilized.
- Provide periodic program updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provide updates to the business units as well as divisional, group and sector levels.
- Play a key role in developing new business proposals and executing the overall program plan.
- Seek team input to promote rapid resolution to issues. Coach and provide feedback/rewards on performance indicators.
- Coordinate and monitor One Eaton Aerospace program technical personnel across multiple sites.
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results driven.
- Knowledge of product and manufacturing process.
- Process oriented and ability contribute to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interface at all levels.
- Thorough knowledge of the commodity and sub-commodity marketplace, including in Low Cost Regions
- Ability to get results, self-starter and good decision making skills.
- Experienced in Aerospace New Product Development (NPD) programs
- Proven Leadership skills - capability to lead change in an Integrated Team (IPT) environment across multiple sites and customers globally.
- Very proficient in Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools
- Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP) highly recommended
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and customer
- Experience in Risk Management
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Broad knowledge of the Aerospace industry.
Eaton - 30+ days ago
Eaton is a diversified power management company providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical,...