The Project Manager (Segmentation and Local Market Solutions) is responsible for ensuring successful delivery of all assigned projects (i.e. multiple projects or single major project). This individual will ensure project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives. The Project Manager will execute projects utilizing established Nielsen standard project management methodologies including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling projects through the entire systems development lifecycle, while ensuring time, cost and scope meets the customer commitments. Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Accurately determines the nature and scope of a project, its components and resource needs while ensuring it meets client’s needs.
- Identifies organization and process change impacts that will occur as a result of the project.
- Provides accurate estimates for self and collaborates with project team for all levels of estimation. Able to also guide and direct project teams to meet these estimates, barring no changes to scope or agreed upon timelines.
- Identifies and manages all changes in project scope, and works with any oversight committees to gain approval for change requests. Adheres to Nielsen’s change management process and policies.
- Manages to deliverables and outcomes as opposed to individual tasks. Coordinates and effectively manages multiple activities and tasks across numerous teams and resources.
- Communicates task expectations to team members, monitor their progress, provide prompt feedback, and follow through with performance-based consequences.
- Understands quality standards, collects data to provide metrics against those standards and reports on the overall quality metrics.
- Builds relationships in order to reach agreement and compromise on key project issues with team members and stakeholders.
- Influences and contributes to business decisions in conjunction with other senior project team members. Demonstrates ability to leverage technical knowledge and expertise in others in order to make critical and non-critical decisions and influence business decisions.
- Provides input to setting technical direction based on project and business knowledge.
- Promotes a team environment and motivates team to support team goals.
- Supplies guidance to the team with respect to our core Nielsen values.
- Evaluates the project actuals against their baselines, summarizes approved changes and their impacts, analyzes key project events and identifies lessons learned when projects are completed.
- Bachelors degree
- 2-3 years of Project Management in Technology environment preferred or similar work experience
- Proven ability to identify project objectives and project approach to achieve business needs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member in a cross functional team environment to identify interdependencies amongst various projects and/or releases.
- Strong facilitation, presentation and requirements-solicitation skills.
- Highly effective communication (verbal and written) skills that enable productive, influential, and adaptable interaction with team, senior management and business partners.
- Good relationship-building skills; ability to establish a solid network of resources.
- Proven ability to lead/motivate sizeable project teams while assessing the productivity and quality of team member's work.
Ability to work effectively with offshore resources along with onsite resources is imperative.
- Proven ability to identify risks, follows risk mitigation plans, identify risk symptoms and execute contingency plans
Do you know what consumers buy? What consumers watch? Nielsen Knows!
Nielsen is the world’s leading marketing and media information...