Summary: Responsible for leading a comprehensive Import/Export program across Biomet that ensures compliance with applicable regional and international regulations concerning the movement of Biomet products, materials, assets, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads import/export system launches and implementation on international trade management system with IT and software vendor
- Ensures effective and efficient global import/export resources are in place, including leveraging external resources; leads global team
- Develops and enhances standard operating procedures to provide guidance to all Biomet SBUs
- Provides training to Biomet personnel in applicable functions
- Monitors updates and changes in laws and regulations and changes policies and procedures to comply with same. Advises functional groups and appropriate members of senior management and business teams in Biomet SBUs of updates to the laws and regulations and issues guidance on how to comply with them
- Ensures accurate ECCN classifications and necessary licenses are in place and are used consistently across operating units
- Acts as a subject matter expert for Import/Export regulations for Biomet
- Assists in the management of freight forwarders
- Ensures that Biomet is appropriately labeling and marking products in compliance with US Customs ‘Made In’ regulations
- Ensures that Biomet is applying the appropriate Harmonization Tariff Codes
- Manages the payments of appropriate custom duties and the application of such to various shipment categories
- Maintains an effective auditing and surveillance program of import and export activities across Biomet
- Will interact regularly with (among others) distribution, legal, outside service providers, senior management, procurement, engineering, and transfer teams
- Will manage a team of direct reports with regional and/or business unit responsibility who will assist in the Director’s functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university with 5+ years related experience building a highly competent and compliant import/export function
- Must have hands on experience of establishing or working within an established import/export system; SAP GTS system launch experience a plus
- Must demonstrate an ability to interpret regulations for intent
- Medical Device experience a plus, but not required
- Demonstrated track record of results as a strategic leader and individual contributor
- Able to balance risk and business results
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise on import/export requirements
- Must be able to manage via influence
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Travel Requirements: 30-50%
When the leg bone and the knee bone don't connect so well anymore, Biomet may have a solution. Orthopedic specialists use the medical...