Collects, processes, retrieves, analyzes and disseminates health care information for purposes of patient care, research, managerial planning and decision making. Manages patient record databases and ensures that all health data systems meet the standards/regulations of government agencies and accrediting professional organizations. Responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all patient health information data.
• Compiles, processes, and maintains medical records of hospital and clinic patients in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements.
• Processes, maintains, compiles, and reports patient information for health requirements and standards.
• Keeps detailed patient records such as prescriptions, treatment plans, test results, diagnoses, medical history, and description of symptoms.
• Responsible for patient's records from the beginning of treatment; provides patient with all of the proper forms and ensures that they are completed properly and signed.
• Translates the narrative descriptions of diseases, injuries and medical procedures into numeric or alphanumeric codes.
• Uses Diagnosis Related Groups to group patients by diagnosis. Assigns a code to each different diagnosis and medical procedure
• Ensures that all patient medical information is entered into the computer database and checks regularly with physicians and other healthcare providers to make sure the information recorded is correct and or complete.
• Possesses an understanding of the payment procedures of health insurance firms, HMOs and government programs such as Medicare/Medicaid.
• Depending upon the assignment, may supervise a group of medical records clerk, transcriptionists and coders;
• Adheres to all Maxim and worksite rules, policies and procedures
• Other duties as assigned
• Associate/Bachelor degree in a health related field preferred.
• One (1) year working in a facility, physician's office, or hospital as a Medical Records/Health Information
• Technician preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of ICD-9-CM coding and medical terminology preferred.
• RHIT (Registered Health Information Technologist) certification preferred; Maybe required for specific assignments
• Advanced/intermediate computer and computer systems skills
• Ability to effectively communicate with clerical and management personnel within the work site
• Ability to design and prepare health information reports as requested or needed
• Successful completion of Maxim Screening Tests with a score of 80% or greater.
• Current physical exam, if required by state or contract regulations.
• Current TB test or chest x-ray if required via contract or are in contact with patients directly or indirectly.
• Must meet Maxim's pre-employment screening requirements.
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.