Provides support, administration, maintenance, research and product management for Aon's global Linux and Unix server deployment.
Responsible for 12x7 on call support of the environment and occasional off hrs/weekend support.
Works independently to provide a wide variety of system administration services in the Enterprise Linux and Unix Server Environment. This includes: building, deploying, managing, and supporting Aon's global Linux & Unix infrastructure.
* Involvement in strategic and tactical projects at all levels, technical leadership, complex administrative tasks, resource and capacity planning, product administration, support and root cause analysis.
* Proactively and effectively communicates status, plan-of-action, and resolution of issues.
* Leading strategic initiatives in line with organization goals, Linux/Unix kernel level debugging and involvement in cross functional & cross geographic projects sponsored with/by other organizational units (Print, Security, Disaster Recovery, Capacity Planning, Network, SAN/NAS, Database, and various business groups).
* Creating and updating documentation relating to many aspects of Linux/Unix systems administration work flow.
* Performing complex configuration and performance analysis tasks* Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to participate on and/or lead calls while communicating on both the technical and business levels.
* Excellent oral and written communication skils.
* Working Knowledge of scripting (Shell, Perl).
* Mentoring less experienced team members where applicable.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
* 5 or more years of leadership experience in Solaris & SuSE/Red Hat Linux systems administration (e.g. project management, technical team leadership or recognized technology domain expertise) 7 preferred.
* 5 or more years of hands on experience with Veritas Volume Management, Veritas Cluster Server, and File Systems (VXFS, ZFS, CFS).
* 5 or more years experience configuring and troubleshooting server side NAS/SAN Storage allocations.
* 3 of more years Project Management experience is a plus.
* SSO/Identity Management/LDAP experience is a plus.
* Hands on experience with M-Series & T-Series Sun hardware, LDOMs & Solaris zones (VMware ESX, KVM, Xen virtualization) a plus.
* Extensive experience troubleshooting performance issues on enterprise servers.
* People Management is a plus.
* Design, develop, and build systems comprising of Software Applications using Unix, Oracle, Java, Informix, XML, C++, IBM DB2, Informatica, Interwoven, Websphere, JBOSS, PVCS, Cognos, middleware, data security, and disaster recovery.
* Proven writing/communication skills.
* Proven organizational skills.
* Must be comfortable working with many different groups, both technical and business platform teams, to help solve business problems.
* Available to participate in 12 x 7 support rotation, off hours and occasional weekend work.
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon Hewitt is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V
Lincolnshire, Illinois United States
Lincolnshire, IL United States
Aon - 2 years ago
Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance and...