ITKL118 Sr. Database Administrator
Sr. Database Administrator
Sr. Database Administrator :
We are a science company.
Life Technologies, a global biotechnology leader created through the merger of Invitrogen and Applied Biosystems, creates the brilliant instruments and lab essentials that enable researchers and scientists around the world solve some of the most difficult health, security, food and energy problems of the 21 st century. We believe in the power of science to transform life and the power of people to make it happen. Everyday we help shape new discoveries that improve life. If you’re ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here. We invite you to join in to stand out.
A few facts
- We serve three Life Sciences markets: Research Sciences, Medical Sciences and Applied Sciences.
- We are more than 10,000 employees and contractors who are located at 86 facilities in 160 countries.
- Our portfolio includes eight marquee brands and more than 50,000 products.
- Our brands and products can be found in 90% of U.S. labs.
- Our 2011 net sales totaled $3.7 billion.
- We hold more than 4,000 patents and have received more than 600,000 citations.
- We are the top supplier of stem cell research consumables and the world’s largest supplier of human identification testing and forensic DNA analysis tools.
What it’s like to work at Life Technologies
- You work for a company with a very a promising future.
- You work in a culture of continuous improvement—exciting and fast-paced.
- You work with great people and great minds.
- You work with people who value diversity because they know they are stronger together.
- You have the freedom define your own destiny.
We are seeking a DBA with 6 or more years of professional experience in high availability and high performance MySQL database environments. Candidates must have extensive experience as a DBA with experience in developing, optimizing, and managing databases supporting large applications transactional and web based applications. Candidates must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the design, installation, deployment, maintenance, and tuning of large and complex applications and databases on Linux/UNIX and/or Cloud based relational database platforms such as Amazon RDS. Additional expertise in NoSQL database environments such as MongoDB or Amazon DynamoDB is beneficial. Candidates must be able to work well in a team environment and independently. Experience with high performance SAN environments is expected. Experience with shared-nothing cluster architecture, high-availability, partitioning, and sharing is required. In addition, the ability to write and analyze shell scripts, SQL, PLSQL and Oracle Utilities is required. Experience in Oracle and MS SQL database management is a plus. Proven experience in implementation project teams is a must. Experience in regulated or validated environments is a plus. Experience in Global 24x7 environments is a must. Candidates must possess good analytical skills and written and oral communication skills. An overall knowledge of information technology and an ability to resolve complex problems and proactively provide solutions is expected.
- You share a common purpose with your teammates: Shaping Discovery. Improving Life.
• Strong relational database background in data warehouse/decision support and transaction processing environments
• Physical data model development
• Understanding of logical and physical design
• Table-level striping/partitioning
• MySQL Database installation, configuration and space management
• Database client installation and configuration
• Database tuning at the database and object level
• Database security; Scripting, system configuration and management
• OS contention issue analysis and resolution
• Backup and recovery at both OS and database levels
• Expert knowledge of PL/SQL & SQL
• SQL Tuning
• Experience with systems development lifecycle
• Operational and technical documentation
As the world’s leader in serving science, at Thermo Fisher Scientific, our professionals develop critical solutions—and build...