Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
Senior Business Objects (BOBJ) developer well versed in SAP Business Objects Tool set (Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports, Data Services, and Xcelsius Dashboards) with proven track record of defining, designing, developing and delivering operational and strategic reports and dashboards to all levels of staff and management. This person will be responsible for hands-on design and development of new SAP Business Objects solutions, mainly in the areas of Enterprise Data Warehousing, Enterprise Reporting, Query and Analysis, and Analytical Services. In addition to developer responsibilities, the successful candidate should have good working knowledge of BOBJ Administration and Security tasks to be able to serve as backup for the BOBJ administrators.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering, and related technical experience.
- 4 years of programming analysis experience
- Advance use of BOBJ Web Intelligence reporting functionality such as Master Detailed, Dynamic Filter, Slice and Dice, Drilling methodology, Ranking, Sections, Input Controls, Graphs, Breaks, and highly formatted reports with cross tabs tables.
- Ability to analyze and organize large sets of normalized and de-normalized data to create meaningful output.
- Good understanding of BW and BI security concepts including Standard, Hierarchy and Analysis Authorizations.
- Advanced SQL skills.
- Advanced query performance tuning skills.
- Experience with BOBJ Data Services, Business Explorer, Data Federator.
- Experience with BOBJ Lifecycle Management (LCM).
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with business and technical teams.
- 4+ years overall Business Objects reporting experience in a dynamic environment.
- 4+ years of experience with Business Objects XI 3.1, 4.x.
- 4+ years of experience in developing Webi, Crystal and Xcelsius reports.
- 4+ years of experience in BOBJ and BW integration.
- Work collaboratively with business clients to gather requirements and identify reporting and other information needs.
- Work closely with ETL and IT developers to design a data architecture that ensures optimal performance and reporting flexibility while maintaining data warehouse quality standards.
- Design, develop, and maintain BOBJ universes to meet the needs of the business and creates quality and consistency of reporting across multiple business areas.
- Create complex Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports, Dashboards, and Analytic Applications.
- Perform data validation tests to ensure reports and applications meet business requirements.
- Responsible for universe migrations and version controls.
- Train business clients on the usage of Business Objects for self-service reporting and analysis.
- Implement BOBJ version and patch upgrades. Troubleshoot upgrade issues and provide workarounds.
- Work on multiple complex projects.
- Mentor staff developers as required.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company - 18 months ago
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...